Any recent disneymooners?

Hey everyone, Our Disneymoon is coming up too and I see two others who are going real soon, we leave on Sept 9th and are there through the 14th. Will you guys be there the same time we will be? I would love to meet other couples on their Disneymoon also. Let me know! :)

Hey everyone, Our Disneymoon is coming up too and I see two others who are going real soon, we leave on Sept 9th and are there through the 14th. Will you guys be there the same time we will be? I would love to meet other couples on their Disneymoon also. Let me know! :)

We leave on Friday! We are driving from Massachusetts, and arrive at Disney Sunday morning. We will be there the 2nd through the 8th :) Hope you have a great time!!!!

We go on the 17th, but actually get married on 22nd September. It's not a Disney wedding though.

Very excited!

The pins were great, but we got the most attention when we wore our "headgear". My DW wore her Mickey-ears veil and I wore my Mickey-ears top hat. It's way more conspicuous than the pins, and we got lots of benefits. Remember, the cast is looking for a reason to make your day special! While dining at Cinderella's Castle on the first night, we were also wearing specially made "Bride" and "Groom" t-shirts (which we ordered on eBay), and we got visited and talked to by the Fairy Godmother. Our server brought us Magic Kingdom etched champagne flutes! These are so special, mainly because alcohol is not served in the MK (unless you know of the very special place that is impossible to get into). While at Hollywood Studios, we were ushered to the front of many lines, and a cast member at Rock 'n' Roller Coaster gave me a stack of Fast Passes and told me to come get more from him if we ran out. We rode that ride 17 times! While the headgear is not particularly comfortable - actually, rather hot for the guys if you're going in September - it is totally worth being as conspicuous as possible!

Just got back on Monday from 8 wonderful days at CBR at WDW!
Upon arrival we received Happily Ever After button and DH got a 1st trip button.
Dinner at 'Ohana that night we got a free cupcake. Also, the guy playing the ukulele asked if there were any newlyweds or couples celebrating their anniversary. Us and another newlywed couple as well as a couple celebrating 16 years of marriage went up and he played a song for us as we slow danced in the restaurant.
Day 2 at Restaurant Marrakesh they sang a song for us. We ordered dessert and they brought it out with a candle on it and they sang something in Morracan, not sure what it was! I think I saw one of the CMs singing "happy birthday" in English :confused3 it was a nice gesture!
Pizza Planet gave us 2 free desserts. We chose chocolate chip cookies over the cappuccino cupcakes. (not coffee fans)
The CM at the Buzz Lightyear ride gave us our picture on the ride for free. (we were going to buy it anyways, but very excited with the pixie dust!)
On our final day we rented surrey bikes around CBR. When we went back to pay, he said it was a wedding gift to us!

LOTS and LOTS of congratulations from everyone. CMs and guests! I almost got sick of saying "thank you!";)
We wore our bride and groom ears 6 out of 8 days, and our buttons everyday.

We were not expecting anything, not even all of the congrats! It was a wonderful experience, even if none of this happened!

Enjoy your trip!

Ah thats awesome!

I just managed to get Ohana reservations for our disneymoon!!!! YAY!

Congrats!

The pins were great, but we got the most attention when we wore our "headgear". My DW wore her Mickey-ears veil and I wore my Mickey-ears top hat. It's way more conspicuous than the pins, and we got lots of benefits. Remember, the cast is looking for a reason to make your day special! While dining at Cinderella's Castle on the first night, we were also wearing specially made "Bride" and "Groom" t-shirts (which we ordered on eBay), and we got visited and talked to by the Fairy Godmother. Our server brought us Magic Kingdom etched champagne flutes! These are so special, mainly because alcohol is not served in the MK (unless you know of the very special place that is impossible to get into). While at Hollywood Studios, we were ushered to the front of many lines, and a cast member at Rock 'n' Roller Coaster gave me a stack of Fast Passes and told me to come get more from him if we ran out. We rode that ride 17 times! While the headgear is not particularly comfortable - actually, rather hot for the guys if you're going in September - it is totally worth being as conspicuous as possible!

I've been debating whether to get them... mainly as H2B has a big head Haha! He is probably going to look ridiculous! Lol.

Just found this site and now the Disneymoon section! :banana:

I'm getting married later this month and then we leave for our "Disneymoon" the next day! This is a 2nd marriage for me, and I found the most amazing man who was willing to forgo the typical honeymoon of just us, and he wanted to include my son so we decided to go to Disney together to celebrate our new family! :) I'm so so excited!!

CONGRATS EVERYONE!! Happy Planning!

MEF92 said:

I'm getting married later this month and then we leave for our "Disneymoon" the next day! This is a 2nd marriage for me, and I found the most amazing man who was willing to forgo the typical honeymoon of just us, and he wanted to include my son so we decided to go to Disney together to celebrate our new family! :) I'm so so excited!!

Aww that's so nice!! Congrats.

You'll have an amazing time!

Getting married at the Swan resort on Sept 21st and heading out the next day on our Fantasy cruise honeymoon :cool1:

We're counting down the days!! 9/13-9/18!:yay::love:
Hope you have a fabulous time!!
We go on the 17th, but actually get married on 22nd September. It's not a Disney wedding though.

Very excited!
Ccongrats :) We got married on June 10th and got back today from our trip. We waited to go during a slower time. Hope you enjoy it!

I contemplated getting them, but I knew they may just bother me and my husband too much. With it being so hot, my hair wait straight up and we left it at that! Adding more would probably have driven me a little crazy. We had the "just married" pins and those definitely helped get some pixie dust!

Hope you have a great time!!! Have a great time with the whole family. My husband, too, isn't a big beach, tropical person, so Disney worked great for us.

Getting married at the Swan resort on Sept 21st and heading out the next day on our Fantasy cruise honeymoon :cool1:

CONGRATS!!! Hope your day is amazing!!!! And enjoy the cruise.

Hey everyone! Just wanted to give a quick review of our recent trip. We celebrated our Disneymoon last week at CSR. This was my second time to Disney, first on property, and my DH's first ever visit. We drove down from Massachusetts and arrived on Sunday the 2nd and stayed until the 8th. We were on the dining plan along with having a park hopper and the water park and more option.

We arrived about 9am on Sunday, and waited in line at registration for only about 20 minutes. Most people ahead of us were checking out. When we got to line we met a lovely woman, whose name slips my mind but I know I have it down somewhere. She made some quick small talk with us, finding out we were on our honeymoon and gave us two "happily ever after" pins. *I already had my Just Married pins, too While checking in, she made a quick phone call, and ended up upgrading us to a king room in cabanas 9a. We originally booked 2 queens simply because we knew we wouldn't be in the room much except to sleep, so we weren't worried about the larger bed, but this was certainly a pleasant surprise! Turned out the room was ready early and we were all set to drop out luggage off and head to the parks! We were in room 9160, a corner room on the first floor facing the courtyard. The location was great, right near the quiet pool, and between El Centro and the Dig site. THe parking lot was not far either, which worked great since we drove!

The cleanliness and condition of our room was great. Mousekeeping did a great job during the whole stay. Bed always made, new towels, trashes changed. Never got any towel animals or anything, which to tell you the truth I was a little disappointed Not truly, but I think they are cute to see in the windows when you walk by. Obviously being two adults I was expected them.

I cannot comment on the buses because we took our car everywhere we went. The parking lots were great LOL! The Dig Site pool was wonderful, great staff at the Siestas pool bar. Excellent margaritas! We visited Pepper Market and Rix Lounge during our stay. PM was excellent since we were on the dining plan. DH and I both loved the selection and found the process very easy for the buffet. Rix Lounge was a great spot for a later night drink. Order a mudslide if you stop by! I got the bruschetta while there as well, also very delicious.

Overall I can say that this was a great first experience for our first on-site visit. DH and I both loved the resort, every cast member we had interactions with were very pleasant and helpful. I would say the only complaint I had was how early the pool bar closed. It would have been nice to enjoy a cocktail when we hit the pool later at night after getting back from the parks. Other than that, I am sure the next vacation hubby and I take to Disney will be another stay at CSR!

Also, I must say it paid off wearing our Just Married pins around the parks and the resort. I went in completely NOT expecting any pixie dust, but was so surprised at what we got. Not only did we get the free upgrade to the king room, a free champagne toast, but much more. At Pizzafari we got two cute little cupcakes, at Via Napoli they servers came over and sang a cute song in Italian to us and gave us an extra little dessert. We were waiting around the fast pass distribution to grab another fast pass for the safari before we rode the rapids, and the CM came over and gave us two to use at any time so we didn't have to wait and could get another fast pass for something else! We received two chocolate covered marshmallows in Epcot when we stopped to get a snack at the Karamel Keish (sp.?) shop. Many congratulations everywhere we went, including some during a couple parades and got rounds of applause! At Boma, after our breakfast, we got a treat sampler from out server. Those little things definitely made our day and trip that much more special!!!!

So glad to hear you had such a great trip Julie!!! that just makes me so much more excited for our honeymoon trip!!!

So glad to hear you had such a great trip Julie!!! that just makes me so much more excited for our honeymoon trip!!!
Thanks so much :) Hope you have a fabulous time!!! Where are you staying?

Julie sounds like u had a perfect disneymoon. I'm so excited we go on Monday!!!
It sure was perfect. Have an awesome time! What resort are you staying at? Just so you know, the crowds have been amazing. We walked onto almost everything and the longest we waited for anything was maybe 15, 20 minutes.

Julie521 said:
It sure was perfect. Have an awesome time! What resort are you staying at? Just so you know, the crowds have been amazing. We walked onto almost everything and the longest we waited for anything was maybe 15, 20 minutes.

we aren't staying on property which I am a little sad about but I like International drive for restaurants and it's close to the other non Disney parks.

The wait times look perfect! I'm so excited!! :)

we aren't staying on property which I am a little sad about but I like International drive for restaurants and it's close to the other non Disney parks.

The wait times look perfect! I'm so excited!! :)
That is very true. My first Disney trip was off site and there are awesome places around there. I have been reading other posts and everyone is still saying the same thing about wait times! So you are looking good :)

Julie521 said:
That is very true. My first Disney trip was off site and there are awesome places around there. I have been reading other posts and everyone is still saying the same thing about wait times! So you are looking good :)

We are going to eat at quite a few Disney restaurants so can see where we like the look of for our next holiday. I've made hubby to be promise we can stay onsite next time!! :)

We are going to eat at quite a few Disney restaurants so can see where we like the look of for our next holiday. I've made hubby to be promise we can stay onsite next time!! :)

That is a good compromise :) What places are you trying this visit?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter