Any really good fares for Fall 2021?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Is anyone seeing any fares for the Fall of 2021 that are unexpectedly lower than what one would have thought? Has anyone seen their cruise price drop for 2021?

Is anyone seeing any fares for the Fall of 2021 that are unexpectedly lower than what one would have thought?

Maybe it depends on the cruise. All of ours were higher for 2021. The October Fantasy 8 nighter is significantly higher than it was for us last year.

I went back in today and looked at booking our same type category room on the same cruise that we booked yesterday. The price today is $230 higher than yesterday. So price went up $230 in just a day. Wonder what it will be when it gets to the general public booking? It guess it really is true that the cheapest price is opening day.

It guess it really is true that the cheapest price is opening day.
It depends on the cruise. In the past I've followed a cruise that increased sharply over time, and also a cruise that didn't increase at all, and was discounted below opening day price via GT rates at the end (and that's when I nabbed it).

In the past few years, the more unusual itineraries have seemed to rise the most sharply. Magic class seems to rise more steeply than Dream class, maybe because in the tropics, Magic class is a little cheaper to begin with. The standard midsummer & Christmas week Dream class cruises that are very expensive right out of the gate tend not to rise sharply, if they rise at all.

Mine I think is about the same price or maybe even a bit lower, because it went from a 5 day RT from NYC-Bermuda to a Repo NYC-San Juan. But of course, now we have to tack on return airfare and hotel in San Juan since we will likely stay a few nights.

Mine I think is about the same price or maybe even a bit lower, because it went from a 5 day RT from NYC-Bermuda to a Repo NYC-San Juan. But of course, now we have to tack on return airfare and hotel in San Juan since we will likely stay a few nights.
We booked this one too! NYC to San Juan, and we did it in 2018.

Our price was about $450 more than when we went in 2018. However, we have a more expensive cabin this next time. We have 5 B, In 2021, the last time we had a navigator veranda.

There are so many folks "rebooking" cancelled cruises that I do not think the prices for the new fall 2021 dates will decrease but increase. In time though, hopefully we will see the prices stabilize. My husband is an economist and says, "supply and demand" determines the cost of an item (cruise, etc).

We booked the 8 night on the fantasy for October 2021. We could not book until today - we are still silver since we had 4 disney cruises cancelled this year. We did the same cruise in 2019 and we booked an ocean view cabin today for the same price as the 4E extended balcony we had last year.

Oh well, we are just happy to be on the cruise - it is our favorite! No bargains on that cruise, can’t speak about any others.

We were originally booked on the Fantasy Nov. 2020 double dip. The price is definitely higher 2021. Could also be more people are booked than opening day last year too.
I ended up booking just the 3 night after the double dip since I don’t want to have my high schooler missing a whole week of school. Don’t know if we will end up going since $3900 for a 3 night cruise is a bit much but really want to take the little kids in their first Disney Cruise.

We booked the EB Panama Canal cruise cat 6A on platinum day at $3642pp incl taxes after OBB; , and it was significantly more expensive than our previous PC cruises for the same category: 2016-EB was $2704pp & 2018-WB was $2789pp...and we were only Golds when we booked those cruises

We booked the EB Panama Canal cruise cat 6A on platinum day at $3642pp incl taxes after OBB; , and it was significantly more expensive than our previous PC cruises for the same category: 2016-EB was $2704pp & 2018-WB was $2789pp...and we were only Golds when we booked those cruises

The costs of this one really does seem to have gone up over the years... we'd planned to do it eventually but I'm finding myself less interested now that its not a good deal. The only draw of the ports for us since we've done the Mexican Riviera is the canal itself and then you have a bunch of sea days. I like sea days don't get me wrong, but I don't know that I'd feel like we got our 10K worth with sea days x7. Yes, on a two week cruise with that many sea days we'd "need" a verandah. :laughing:

Last edited:
The Panama Canal for category 9C was slightly less (about $150/person) in 2021 than in 2020 - both booked Platinum opening day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter