Any promotional video stars here?

PKS44

DIS Veteran
Okay, I know there are 60000 DVC members of who only a small fraction post here. Still, just curious, on the promotional video they interview three or four families on film...anybody here one of those families or end up on the cutting room floor?

When we were at AKL this May (7th-16th) , the day we arrived they were filming a video down at the AKL pool. This was serious stuff, they had actors, make-up people, costume people, caterers, security, etc etc and the whole area was taped off. Since they didn't start filming until around 3-4pm, anyone who was already in the pool they allowed to stay in the pool in the background. Both of my kids were in the pool and were only about 20 feet behind the actors, so it is probably quite likely that they ARE in the video, if only for a second. You would not BELIEVE the number of "takes" they did for one scene, which looks to be only about 4 or 5 seconds long once it's edited. We were watching for nearly 3 hours, and they were still at it when we finally left to go to dinner. It makes you appreciate what must go into a full-length movie, and also the actors, that have to try to do the *EXACT* same thing, the same way, 50 or 60 times all for 5 seconds worth of film!!!!!!

Yes I doubt even the DVC people are real DVC people. We saw them filming at MK and Epcot in June with adorable, clean kids, each one with a Mickey balloon, and thin, beautiful parents with them. I used to think they picked people for those things but it's all fake. What little girl still has perfect braids at the end of a day at Epcot?
Robin M.

The perfect braids were probably for a WDW commercial.

I guess I was naive enough to think that the people giving "testimonials" on the DVC video were real members!! First of all, they weren't perfect looking enough to be actors! No offense if there ARE some stars on this board.....!!!

I believe those members are real. First I agree neither their looks nor their acting is good enough to be professional. Secondly, timeshare solicitation is already so regulated Disney would be crazy to use Fake people and claim they were members giving testimonials. The state regulators would come down on them hard. So I think they must be out there...

Hey Wheeler... we were at AKL at the same time, and saw the same filming that you did. We may very well be in the shots too.

That's funny! I was at a 4th of July party and someone mentioned they had just gone to WDW so we started talking and it turned out they, too, were at AKL at the same time and saw the same film crew!

I did have the promo dept call me and ask if I'd be interested in participating in a DVC filming. Unfortunately I was at WDW when they called me at home, so I missed my chance.

Paul, I think my guide recommended me. I definitely do not look like a professional and have always been very positive about my DVC membership. I'm single (widowed), so maybe they wanted testimonials from someone besides the happy looking couples.

Originally posted by wheeler
When we were at AKL this May (7th-16th) , the day we arrived they were filming a video down at the AKL pool. This was serious stuff, they had actors, make-up people, costume people, caterers, security, etc etc and the whole area was taped off. Since they didn't start filming until around 3-4pm, anyone who was already in the pool they allowed to stay in the pool in the background. Both of my kids were in the pool and were only about 20 feet behind the actors, so it is probably quite likely that they ARE in the video, if only for a second. You would not BELIEVE the number of "takes" they did for one scene, which looks to be only about 4 or 5 seconds long once it's edited. We were watching for nearly 3 hours, and they were still at it when we finally left to go to dinner. It makes you appreciate what must go into a full-length movie, and also the actors, that have to try to do the *EXACT* same thing, the same way, 50 or 60 times all for 5 seconds worth of film!!!!!!

HEY we were there then in May too! While we were there they were filming in Boma, a scene of a family eating at the table. There is just a glimpse of it in the vacation video, and they filmed it for hours. We were in the victoria falls lounge, so it was interesting to look down on. The barkeep said that they were making commercials for Europe.

DR

When we were in MGM this past July they were filming a DVC video at the DVC info booth on the street that leads to TOT. They were definitley using "real" members because we asked if we could be in it (aren't we bold???) but it was only members from UK and they had the lovely English accents of UK citizens so it appeared very real to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter