• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any progress with problems for AOL users?

Hurray! I just got in using AOL v. 6.0 and roadrunner! I finally got the brainstorm to try the Tech area to find out why I've been having no problem with IE for the past week and couldn't get through on AOL.

Glad it's fixed!
Nancy:earsgirl:

The disboards home page is much faster, but the rest of the pages are loading much more slowly

I am still having trouble. Like the others the main page loads perfectly, then when you click on any board it gives me fits!
Thanks for trying, keep it up!

I now know that problem lies within the new banner software we have on the site. I have removed all of that software from the home page, that's why it's working fine. All of the other pages still have the software on it. I will find out from Pete what's he wants to do about this situation.

Corey

Good news and bad..... I finally was able to get access to www.disboards.com But when I tried to access a specific board, my computer froze again. Keep plugging. I got excited when I made it thru the door the first time. Your work is appreciated.

Ditto here. I thought when the home page loaded perfectlyy I was home free. Wrong. Whn I tried to click on one of the board I froze again.
Thanks for all your help to try to fix the problem.

Me too.....

Keep up the good work guys, at least we can load the main page now. I know it will get there soon.

Linda

Apparently I got in as a fluke yesterday. Last night and again this morning it was back to having to use IE. Hopefully it will be fixed by the time I get back from WDW!

Nancy:earsgirl:

Hi all, like I posted before......

The home page will work fine b/c the banner software is off that page. All of the other pages still have it on them. That is why they still don't work. I can't remove the the banner software on every page without talking to Pete first.

"The home page will work fine b/c the banner software is off that page. All of the other pages still have it on them"

You must be relieved to know what is causing the problem!!! Thanks for all the hard work and we'll continue to monitor and report back on our access. Until then IE here I come! BTW I was able to access the home page and transportation last night before everything froze up.

Corey, I know you all are still working on the problem. We truly appreciate it. Just as an update to help guide you..... I was able to access the main boards tonight. I got thru to a couple, but interestingly, I could not get to the Tech Support Board.

You're almost there.... Thanks again.....:jester:

I want to underscore that this is NOT JUST A PROBLEM FOR AOL USERS. I run IE through Windows XP at work, and the Disboards stall out and force me to restart my computer.

We are aware of that Dana.. it mostly seems to be hitting AOL users but we do realize that it affects others as well. Once we figure out what to do about the problem it should cure everyone.

I am happy to report that I was able to finally reach the Collectores board today, and the Tech board through AOL!

Thank you guys so much for fixing the problem!

I did notice however, that the "jump to a forum" at the bottom of the pages was not working. I had to go to the top and back to the main Discussion Forums. Don't know if this is part of the same problem.

Corey and Alex

I am still having problems accessing the DIS from AOL. The first page starts to laod and then freezes. I was ablle last week to get to the first page whn the banner software was removed. Now i can not access it all.
Thanks for all your help to find out what is causing the problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter