• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any problems using Trailer Conversions at Fort Wilderness Campground?

Jason Reedy

Earning My Ears
Simple questions really...anyone have any issues using a trailer conversion at the campground? I have a 7x16 trailer that I converted to a camper. I call it the "Tramper." Just want to make sure I don't run into any hiccups when we come in June. I asked the lady on the reservation line, and I am not sure she knew what I was referring to.

Thanks in advance!

The Fort does not seem to have any restrictions on camper type or age. I've seen plenty of horse trailers, converted or not, in a site. I don't think you will have a problem but one of the more experienced folks should chime in.

As I mentioned in your other thread, do you have AC? Have you ever experienced Florida in June? Where is home? Have you made past trips to WDW and stayed in a hotel during summer?

Bama Ed

It will be no problem at all. You can camp in anything you want. Have a great time!

Thanks... YES we have a window with AC. I would not have considered it without AC. ;)

You will feel right at home at Fort Wilderness. It's a wonderful place with zero discrimination. People camp in all sorts of contraptions, anything they want to basically. From tents and homemade trailers, to high dollar RVs and all coexist nicely. Many, many people camp out of U-Hauls and tents.

That is nice to hear. I am looking forward to this so much. I went to DW in September at to the Experience Conference and stayed at the Grand Floridian. It was nice...but it made me want to bring the family. Nothing worse than walking around the Magic Kingdom without your kids and wanting to have them there with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter