• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any problems sharing on the dining plan?

LovesDoomBuggies

<font color=blue>Owned by furry, blurry Jackson<br
Either splitting plates entirely, or me eating the appetizer and DH eating the entree. Any problems? I'm assuming not, but figured it was worth checking into.

LovesDoomBuggies said:
Either splitting plates entirely, or me eating the appetizer and DH eating the entree. Any problems? I'm assuming not, but figured it was worth checking into.

You can't split at buffets, all you care to eat restaurants, the dinner shows like HDD or meal packages like the Fantasmic package. That basically excludes all the character meals.

The portions at some of the restaurants have been reduced in size to reflect the fact that dining guests order 3 course meals. Even in those restaurants where sharing is allowed you might need to order an extra entrée or appetizer unless you have a very small appetite.

We had DDP last April and were all (DH, DS 7, DD 5, and myself) perpetually stuffed to discomfort and carrying to go boxes. I'd rather split every other day than always be stuffed and I don't want to mess with to go boxes this year. (I can't throw food away but that's another story.) We plan to tip additionally when on DDP to make up for the splitting that will cause extra work for the server and reduce the bill and "included tip" for the server. I hope that the portions aren't much smaller because we are going without DDP in June and will be disappointed if we want only an entree each and it has become so tiny we must order additional courses to be satisfied. I guess I will find out.

Ok so I have a question....

My dd will be 2 1/2 yo, how does this work w/ the dining plan????

Do I need to put her on the plan, or can she eat off of my plate, let's say at Buffets, Can I load up my plate and share w/ her and not have to pay/use credits for her??

I just don't understand how that works, or am I better off putting her on the plan?

Please, I need some info from someone who has done this before, it just seems silly for me to have to pay for MYW tickets for her to put her on the plan, when she should be admitted to the parks & eat for free due to her age???

LuvAriel said:

Do I need to put her on the plan, or can she eat off of my plate, let's say at Buffets, Can I load up my plate and share w/ her and not have to pay/use credits for her??

I just don't understand how that works, or am I better off putting her on the plan?

Please, I need some info from someone who has done this before, it just seems silly for me to have to pay for MYW tickets for her to put her on the plan, when she should be admitted to the parks & eat for free due to her age???

your daughter can share w/you no problem free... buffets and all... if they accidentally charge you, you can tell them right then or when you get back to your hotel if you notice later and they will be happy to adjust if for you.

All buffets will give a 2yo a childs plate and some of the others will give you a childs meal. No charge.

not sure where the guy is talking about when he said portion sizes have been cut. every single place i ate last week served enough for two (or more than two in some cases)

Okay - I know I got child meals with the dining plan for my 3 year old, but is there a problem if I share some meals with her? A lot of times she eats 3 bites of something and she is done and it seems silly to waste food. Of course, I know a buffet we could not do this, but for instance I posted (and got no replys so far) we are going to California Grill which is a 2 TS meal. I don't want to waste 2 TS when she could easily eat off my plate. Any answers? -Wendy

Lewisc said:
You split at buffets, all you care to eat restaurants, the dinner shows like HDD or meal packages like the Fantasmic package. That basically excludes all the character meals.
I'm sure Lewis meant to type that you cannot split at buffets, all you care to eat restaurants, the dinner shows like HDD or meal packages like the Fantasmic package...

bicker said:
I'm sure Lewis meant to type that you cannot split at buffets, all you care to eat restaurants, the dinner shows like HDD or meal packages like the Fantasmic package...

I corrected my my post, thanks.

But is anyone going to blink an eye if my 3 year old just eats off my plate at California Grill (2 TS credit meal)?? -Wendy

No one will care if your dd eats off your plate at California grill or if you pay out of pocket for a kids meal for her.

I suspect that at the signature restaurants (like California Grill) you can do whatever you want! :rotfl:

LuvAriel said:

She can eat off your plate, you can get her her own plate at buffets. I never found and TS locations that would give my daughter a free child's meal, but we did order her meals occassionally and either use a credit or pay OOP. We chose to put her on the dining plan - $50 for a base ticket for 10 days of insurance in case she was ravenous beyond expectations was worth it to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter