• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any pics of Ms. Sundee?

masonsmousermom

Mouseketeer
I keep reading posts about Ms. Sundee. We'll be at FW for the first time and was curious about meeting her. It would be nice to know what she looks like, and why she is so special to many of you that mention her?

I'm with you, I'm also curious. I have read thread after thread about this person, " Where is she, what she doing, tell her I said hi, etc..." and I've always wonder who is this person, that she is missed so dearly. :confused3

I'll give my best rendition (sp). She is short and pretty hefty. Gray hair that is short. I think she has a health condition (diabetes) and it's made her gain some weight and she was riding a Rascal the last time we saw her. No matter what though she's just the sweetest woman and before I ever saw a post about her I wrote WDW a letter and told them how nice she is. She was the campfire sing-a-long singer and she did the bingo too for a while. I hope she returns to FW.

Oh, and I believe Haley Mills is her fave actress and the original Parent Trap is her fave movie.

Ms. Sundee still does the sing a longs on Wed and Sat night. Get there a few minutes early and she will be glad to visit with you! During the days, she is part of the dream team and works in the Animal Kingdom. She does not have a certain area that she works, so you may try to ask for her. She loves to meet any disboard members.

Here ya go; she is also one of the original CM's from the opening of WDW and one of very few of them left that are still working at WDW.

You wont meet a sweeter more giving person anywhere.
To ask what makes her special is like asking why the sun shines or the flowers bloom, you have to experience it first hand and get to know her, which usually doesnt take long because she treats everyone as if she has known you forever.

I think that MrsGus and I are the charter members of her fan club.... so if your last name is Carter you can apply to join :lmao:

Scott

All of the CM's at "campfire" are special......

To ask what makes her special is like asking why the sun shines or the flowers bloom, you have to experience it first hand and get to know her, which usually doesnt take long because she treats everyone as if she has known you forever.

I think that MrsGus and I are the charter members of her fan club.... so if your last name is Carter you can apply to join :lmao:

Scott

i dont remember getting my card???:rolleyes1

I have a picture from our December trip, but I haven't the slightest idea as to how to post it. I'll gladly post it if sombody could just steer me in the direction of the directions......I can't seem to find them. Thanks!

Scott

I have been reading on the camping board for many years, and I have to say this is certainly a softer side of you :hug: . I can just see that beer in one hand and you typing with the other, about how she bring so much sunshine in you WDW trips :lmao: just messing with ya, she seems like a wonderful women and I'll look for her on my trip in April. :flower3:

I have to agree. Ms. Sundee is a great, genuine person and a credit to WDW.

I do recall her saying once recently that it was her 10th (maybe 20?) year working for Disney and I was suprised it wasn't longer. She said started working in CRO and went back there for a while after her health problems but had to come back to her FW family.

Regardless, she and the other cast members of FW do a great job.

I hope FW and WDW treat her good because she's a gem to the place. She just has a way about her. I tell her when we see her how much she makes our trip better and it wouldn't be FW without her. Wish we would have seen her in Nov. Maybe in March we'll track her down.

I have been reading on the camping board for many years, and I have to say this is certainly a softer side of you :hug: . I can just see that beer in one hand and you typing with the other, about how she bring so much sunshine in you WDW trips :lmao: just messing with ya, she seems like a wonderful women and I'll look for her on my trip in April. :flower3:

No beer right now, I am at work today.

Obviously my very complex nature doesnt come through well in type.

What can I say.... I am a Ms Sundee groupie.

At the risk of sounding even mushier, I think we are all better people for knowing her.

Yep, she's the Queen Bee of FW to me! :thumbsup2

Bama ED

I have a great pic of us all from December, I just am too lazy to learn how to post them.

As fullfledged card carrying members of the fan club and certified groupies, I have to agree with Scott we are definitely blessed for the opportunity to know her.

"At the risk of sounding even mushier, I think we are all better people for knowing her."

A trip to the Fort is not the same without her!

Thanks for all of the mushy, gushy remarks. I hope that we will see her when we go down for the first time in April! I wonder...does she answer the phones? I ask this because a nice older lady answered the phone when I called FW yesterday to ask some questions about the Bike Barn, preferred loops, etc.

This woman was awesome! She took the time (about 15 minutes!) to tell me all of the wonderful things about FW, where to get cheap groceries and gas, and the directions to get there. She told me all about how wonderful it was to go camping with family, and how we should be so lucky to be taking our 4yr. old DS camping at the fort.

I got off the phone, grinning ear to ear, wondering if every CM at FW will be as nice as she was!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter