• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any painters on the DIS?

Whitegloves

Creative Arts!
Just curious, any other painters out there? I have been a decorative artist for about 17 years, give or take. I use mostly acrylics on various surfaces including wood, slate, tin... just about anything that doesn't move. I do a lot of my own designs while occassionally using patterns from others.
Diane AKA Whitegloves =0)

This sounds a bit like what I do. I paint with acrylics on wood using techniques like floating & dot hearts. Is that what you mean? I was told once (by the person who taught me) that it was called "told painting"; however, it's not what I call traditional tole painting.

Mostly I make things for Christmas, with a bit for Halloween, Thanksgiving & Easter. My favorites from a pattern are the little guys with swinging legs - attached by twine. They crack me up! I'd post a picture if I had a place to post it on the Internet, but since they closed our personal pages here, I don't have another place. Can you post a picture of something you've done?

I don't do as much as I used to - I developed an allergy to the wood. I was doing the cutting myself. Now I need someone else to cut & sand the pieces or I can't breathe before they're finished being painted.

Deb

Not any more, though when I was really little, I'd sit alongside my mom when she painted (she does oils and watercolors) and would do my own little project.

I'm interested in trying oil painting again one of these days. :) I need to do it soon, though, while my mom can still be my teacher. :)

I've been tole painting for 7 years now. I have done quite a few projects and I hope to keep at it. (new years resolution!)

I had a really bad experience with an art teacher when I was in junior high and never really tried art, sculpture, etc. after that. I was always curious whether or not I really had any talent for it.

Last year I took a folk art painting class and I absolutely loved it. I was really surprised how easy it was, and how nice my project came out. But I just never took the time to try anything else.

When I went home for Thanksgiving, my oldest sister started taking basic art classes and the projects she showed me were really really good; I was flabbergasted. It's given me the courage to sign up for a painting class.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter