• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any other families w/children going in early Dec.

karen in tx

Earning My Ears
We are planning an early Dec. trip this year. I have heard the Christmas decorations are awesome. Any other families with children going then?

Karen

We will not be there this Dec., but have been at that time before. It is absolutly beautiful! The decoration are great, and the weather is pretty nice too................................:)

Count us in. We'll be there from Dec. 5 to Dec. 30. I'll be traveling with 2- 13 yr. girls, 1-15 yr. girl and 1-10 yr. girl. Will probably be staying in 700 loop. December at FW is fabulous. Am sure you'll love it!

We will be there for our first FW visit with our 2 kids (DD 11 and DS 6) from Dec.5-16. We cant wait, hoping for cooler weather than our first visit in April 2002. Cant wait to see all the christmas decorations.

Lory

Good to hear of others w/children there. Whether we're school skippers or homeschoolers, it's nice to be there when there are less crowds and good weather. Our children: dd - 10, 2 ds - 7. Maybe we can touch base closer to Dec and exchange info and meet sometime at the pool or playground. Hope to spend more time at FW and relax and enjoy the camping experience. We will be there Dec 6 through 14. Can't wait! We stayed in Loop 1300 near a playground. It was a big loop. Might see about Loop 1400 which says it has one too.

Count us in! We're coming with 5 kids (ds15, ds13, dd11, dd8, ds6) from December 1-14. We're staying in a cabin. My kids are homeschooled, but my hubby is a teacher, so he'll be there for the second week (I hope!) It would be nice to "meet!" We've never been there this time of year, and am really looking forward to it.

And we're homeschoolers. DSD is 12, she's a schooled child, but biomom is letting her go with us, as it's bordering her birthday on the 6th. DD #1 is 6, and DD #2 is 3.

We're in Ontario, Canada, and really looking forward to our first stay in FW - we'll be in the cabins. We've been to WDW before, but either on daytrips visiting inlaws in Fort Myers or staying at AS resorts. Won't miss them, I'm sure!

It would be really nice to talk more as the visit gets closer!

Oh, and speaking of decorations....how much cabin decorating goes on? We'll be there so early in December, and of course will be flying in, so I doubt DH will let me pack too much to do it with, but it'd be cute!

Take care,

Kris

December 11 - 18 here. We are taking 3 of our grandkids along this trip. Really looking forward to it too!

We're planning on packing Christmas lights to decorate our campsite. Love the lights and decorations Ft. W. has and alot of the campsites decorate too.

Wow! Surprising to see so many home-schoolers there during our stay. We are also home-schoolers and have on occasion, met other families at FW like us. It's good to see!

Regarding the decorations, occasionally I have seen a cabin decorated, but the majority of decorating goes on in the regular camping sections. There are some pretty impressive displays that go up every year. We do quite a bit of decorating, but compared to many of the locals that are able to bring in truckloads of decorations we look like amateurs! Can't wait to get in the golf cart with my hot cocoa and drive around looking at those displays! Nothing beats Christmas at FW.

You know, with so many homeschoolers maybe we could put together a co-op for the week…..just kidding. As with all of our vacations, I’m sure we’ll find some great learning opportunities but for the most part the books will be put away for the week. It would be nice to say hi and let the kids have a little time together. We homeschool our 3 Little People (DS 12, DD 10, DS 8) and it looks it will be like Dec 6-10 for us. For those who have reservations what loops are best? This will be our first time camping at FW and any help would be great. If it matters we have a pop-up and only need water and electric.

We're homeschoolers of little ones...would love to go back to FW in December...we have a tent and the cooler months would be sooo much better for us.

But no Magic Kingdom for us until daughter is tall enough for Splash Mountain....

So we should be back in half an inch...however long it takes to acquire that :)

for roger8918: I think all the sites that accomodate some type of tt have water/electric/sewer. With that thought, I recommend loop 1000. It is just a "full" hook up but we stayed there in May (in a 35'tt) and really enjoyed it. There is a comfort station that is not indicated on my campground map between loop 1000 and 900 so if you get that loop, try to get a spot closer to the entrance to the loop (one way) so you will be closer to the CS. Loop 1200 looked nice too and I think it is just full, not preferred.

to karen in tx: I think they removed the small playground in loop 1400. When we were there last October, it was there but when we returned this past May it was gone. :confused: We like to go through the campground and write down the spots we like the best, so that is why we noticed it missing.

Ya'll have fun! We aren't going again until January.:(

Well its official, we will be a Fort Wilderness on December 5th to the 11th. It will be Me, DW, DS-12, DD-10 & DS-8. We have a large popup so does anyone have any recommendations as to a good loop/site that just has partial hook-ups?

bianca,

Maybe my girls will run into yours! We will be arriving on Dec 26- Jan 2. I have a dd that will turn 10 in Jan. We usually try and get the 1700 loop. Unless hubby caves and buys me the 5th wheel I want, we will be in a 32 foot cougar. Somewhere by us will be my parent's Discovery Motorhome. I would love to meet fellow dis members!

Hi everyone! We homeschool too (our first year - we are loving it, esp. the travelling flexibility!). We have twin dd's (7) and ds (4). We will be at FW from 11/29-12/9. I have 2 ressies from 11/29-12/3 and 12/4-12/9. Cannot get anything for the night of 12/3, full or preferred!! I am calling all the time! We have a TT and will be in a preferred site. I asked for Loop 1400.

Maybe we can have a HS Meet at the Pool? Can't wait!!:bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter