Any other Curves for women members here?

I did it I did it!!! I have a Jane Fonda Step Arobic tape that is something like an hour long. I knew I would never get through an hour but thought I would see what I could do. I did about 25 min of the tape then used my hand weights and kept going for another 5 including a few stretches!! I am sweating more than I ever do at CUrves but it is also warmer here than at curves. I hated it and loved it at the same time. THink I can do it again tomorrow?????????

Sure you can do it tommorow!! Keep it up. I made it this AM too. Can you believe that two women snuck in. They went to book like they were signing in and went to exercise. The attendant checked and saw they didn't sign in. She asked them if they signed in and they said - we will. About 10 minutes later they left after going around twice. It was slow and they would of been the last ones there and probably figured they better get out while the going was good. Jeez - the nerve of people!

Well I finally went today and signed up at Curves. I am really to start tomorrow. Wish me luck.

I leave for Disney in three weeks and I hope my shorts are a little more comfortable by then.

Good Luck Lynr!!! Curves does make your cloths loser!! Drinlk alot of water too. I am in WDW 8/16 - 8/29 - how about you?
I have been four times this week! Getting ready for the trip!

Niagara2:

I am supposed to be at Disney 8/23 - 9/2 with my son. However, my husband was re-admitted to the hospital yesterday, so our plans maybe on holding depending on the outcome of his tests. Hopefully it is only a minor setback. Say a prayer for us. He has already been sick for 6 months and has only been back to work 2 weeks and now he is out again.

Lyn

So sorry to hear that Lyn. Will definitely keep you both in my prayers.

On my off days from Curves, I use the Mari Winsor Pilates tapes and they are terrific. The first time I tried the "buns and thighs" one I couldn't walk the next day! :)
CC

Lyn - our prayers our with your family for a fast recovery for your husband. Its a bummer to have to cancel, hopefully your DH gets better fast and a vacation will be just what the Doctor ordered

I just wanted to update you. It looks like our trip is still on. My husband will probably come home tomorrow or Sunday. Even though he isn't going with us I wouldn't go if he was still sick.

Thanks for the kind thoughts and prayers, they did the trick.

Lyn

We got an oblique machine at our Curves, but.......we can't use it yet because one of the pieces (the rubber piece that goes between your legs) is missing. I have heard both good and bad things about this piece of equipment on these boards, but I can't wait to try it!

I've been very hit and miss about going to Curves over the summer. Too many things to do with my DD's home from school. Now that they are all back in school (one is a first year teacher!), I hope I can be more regular about getting into Curves.

I'm joining Curves tomorrw. My SIL owns one - but it's too far away for me to go to - bummer:(
I don't know what their sign-up fee is or their monthly, but I gotta do it! I went to SIL Curves yesterday so that they could do a "mock" interview for a new employee - I was shocked at my body fat % - and I weigh more than I ever have before (even pregnant - which was 20 years ago!)
I need to talk DH into getting a treadmill too - he needs to exercise and lose weight too - & I figure I could use it on my non-Curves days!
SIL is in the process of opening a 2nd Curves and this one has only been open for 2 months! - I think she's nuts to open a 2nd one so soon - but she made the commitment, so she needs to get it open. It looks like she has some nice employees.
How's everybody doing?

So I joined Curves today, got home and my Mom shows me the little local newspaper with an ad for a Curves opening at the end of the month DOWN THE STRRET from me! So I called the new one and she happened to answer the phone and said I could transfer to her store once she opens. (or I could cancel the membership I just bought and wait and sign up with her.) I'd probably only save about $30 by joining the newer one. The one I joined today has 10 machines and is open on Saturday mornings, and I'm sure the new one will have the 8 machines and she won't have Saturday hours right away. So now I need to decide whether to go ahead and work out or wait and start in a month.

(am I talking to myself here? does anyone come to this board anymore?)

I'm still here! I will try to be here more now that I have joined Weight Watchers too.
Where is everyone else??
CC

I have to get back to curves have not been there in two months...someone give me a kick to get back??? Just have been so tired and out of joint...maybe the exercuse will do me good. It is a good place to go though...

Glo-

I wasn't very good this summer either. I went, but not very often. Didn't follow WW too faithfully either, which is really stupid since I had made my goal and was working on lifetime. Well, now that my twins are back in school I have NO excuses. This was my first week in forever that I went to Curves 4x and stayed on track for WW. It felt GREAT to go back to both. If I can do it, so can you. :D

CC- Good luck on WW! Drink LOTS of water. It really helps!!

I've ben going 3X a week for two weeks. I've already noticed that I have less trouble with my knees. I'll transfer to the new (closer) one once it opens.

C'mon ladies - let's get back to Curves!! We know we need the exercise!!!

Glad to see this thread again! We are having a contest at our local Curves, but as it is a national contest, I'm sure that many of you have heard about it. There is a list of 31 things to do during the month of January. If you do 15 things before Jan. 15, you can put your name in a drawing for prizes. One of the things on the list is: "Find a Curves buddy to share your workout habit." I would like for all of the people who see this thread to be my "buddy." My workout habit basically consists of walking around my neighborhood and Curves. Haven't done either one today, but plan to leave for Curves in about 20 minutes. How about it? Anyone want to "buddy up" with me?

Mary

Count me in MJ! (& count on me too!) My sis & I encourage each other to go. I feel better when I DO go (altho I'm having trouble with my left knee - I can't do the "squat" machine.) So, I'll check in here at least once a week - I usually get to Curves 3X each week. Good luck!

I have an appointment for tomorrow morning. I'm doing the free week trial that they are having. I'm really excited and I hope that I like it.

Ladies,

I just joined Curves last night... It opened in my town about 2 weeks ago! Am going tonight for my first workout! It is great to see so many other women enjoy it and are seeing results. :)

Good luck to everyone in their quests for losing a few inches. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter