Any opinions on AS Sports??????

lalasmomallie

Earning My Ears
We are looking into staying at the AS Sports resort in March and I was hoping to hear from anyone who has stayed there. Good or bad experiences?? We are traveling with a 2 y/o and a 4 y/o. Thanks!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

We have stayed at the Sports 3 times and my kids love it. They even prefer it over AS Movies. Our favorite bldg. is the baseball as it has its own little pool. Its not a real far walk to the food court but its not as close as the football bldg or Surfs Up. Anyway thats never been an issue for us. You should have a great trip and stay.

We have stayed twice. Once in Hoops and another time in the Football section. We loved both trips and our 2 year old daughter (at the time) seemed to really have a great time also.

I liked the food court. It was busy in July but you could always find somewhere to sit.

I've only stayed there one night, so I don't have much experience. They put me in Center Court (tennis section), which I found out later is one of the furthest from the Main Building. What I thought was good about that was that at the time I was there, I was pleased with how short a walk I thought it was to the Main Building. So I think of ASSports as being well-designed so that nothing is too far away. Now, POR, on the other hand, even though I love it.......long walks!

Our first stay at WDW was at the *** and then we stayed for one night another visit and each time we had a great time and had no complaints.

We've stayed at the All Star Sports twice. My only complaint was noise. Halfway through one of our stays, a young family moved into the room next to us with a young infant. The baby kept us up one night. We asked to be moved the next day and was told, "no problem". We moved and and no problems from then on. Have fun!

Considering I stay there on EVERY TRIP, which is the last 7 years, yes I LOVE it!;) AND, I do NOT have kids.;)

We've been there 3 times and when I go again, I'll stay there. :) We have enjoyed our stays there. The Food Courts are pretty good and the bus service has always been great IMO. I think your kids will enjoy it there! If you want to walk over to see the Movies icons it isn't too far to go over there. Have fun!

We love the sports, have stayed at least a dozen times. Even if you are in the farthest building back, you are no more than a few minute walk from everything.

The food court has great food...there is a couple of great bartenders in the evening.

Some people complain of noise, we have only had a problem one...at it was just a month or so ago. The UDA (dance championships) were being held...the girls were staying at the sports...and they were up all night...we had a pool view room and it was very, noisy those nights. That was the first time we were glad to go home. Otherwise...we have had pool view rooms before...and never a problem. I guess this was just a noisy bunch of teens...lol.

Thanks for all your input. We have decided to stay at AS Sports. We're in the Surf's Up Building. Only 8 more days!!!!! I don't know who's more excited. Me or the kids!!!!!
:earsgirl: :Pinkbounc :earsgirl: :Pinkbounc :earsgirl: :Pinkbounc

Okay, I'm not an experienced All-Star guest, but I have stay at quite a few other disney resorts (most during this past year because of the WDWCP). My one description of the All-Star resorts is that "You get what you pay for". I know that some of you are trying your best to stay on property and the Value resorts seem to be the least expensive on the forefront (and please don't come back biting my head off), but there are lots of ways to go one step up and stay at one of the moderate resorts. As always, check for specials (local newspaper travel section, disney website, boards such as these, and the infamous www.mousesavers.com). Also, remember that you can save a lot of money by packing snacks and eating breakfast in the room. I planned a trip for a group of 30 people for the marathon this past January. We all stayed at CBR, and here is the story. One of the marathoners was a single mom working on a teachers salary. She was just going to go to the marathon by herself, but thought that she could fatham the idea of leaving her 2 young daughters behind (since they had never been on a family trip). So, she saved for 10 months, and was able to stay in CBR for 5 nights, eat a meal and some snacks at resort/park restuarants, and get the tickets for park-hopping. We payed $105/night at CBR and it was lovely. She took snacks into the parks, ate breakfast in the hotel room, and occasionally had sandwiches in the hotel room. And she was able to have money left over for spending. So.... I know that you can do it if you want to. I'm not putting down the All-Star resorts, but just saying set your goals higher! See what you can do. Okay, I've gone around on several different thougts in this posting, and I barely ever post stuff here. So.... I'll end there... whereever I am ending! :)

I can provide valuable information if you need it!

Cheryle :)

Personally, I love the All Stars. It used to be my favorite resort, and in some ways it still is. I prefer it to a moderate because there isn't as much walking. And, I prefer the food court there to some of the sit down restaurants and most of the food courts elsewhere (although I did like the food court at CBR). My favorite now is the Boardwalk, but would stay at the All Stars anytime. I love their beds there, and the pool was wonderful (really, really warm when we were there in December). Enjoy your stay.

My friend and I stayed as the AS sports and we absolutely loved it. The rooms are kinda noisy but not that bad. The pool was awesome and the transportation was really good. We are teenagers though, so that might have been why we liked it so much.

We have stayed at All Star Sports twice and Movies once. We definately like Sports better than Movies!

Our first visit was great. We stayed at Baseball right next to the pool. Our kids were 5 and 7 at the time and they loved it. The food court was OK but the refillable mugs were a hit.

We stayed at Movies with the kids then 9 and 11 with my mom and dad and didn't care for it as much. We were in Fantasia on the top floor after requesting another building on the bottom floor. So much for requests! Movies was much more crowded in their food court and we didn't like the layout as much.

Our next trip to All Star was back to Sports when the kids were 12 and 14. We again stayed at baseball on the third floor overlooking the pool. Big mistake! Every evening literally hundreds of teenagers took over the pool until late at night. There was hardly any standing room in the pool it was so packed. One night when the lifeguard was trying to calm them down they threw her into the pool. No control there! I didn't have any problem with resort during the day but get me away from there in the evening when the teenagers take over. I don't know if I would ever go back after this last trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter