Any one else going to WDW Sept 14?

nicobus

Earning My Ears
Looking forward to our upcoming week stay in WDW! Although the accuweather website is scaring me. Looks like the week we will be there (Sept 14-20) it's mostly cloudy and rainy everyday! Ugh. Hoping that changes, but if not, is TL open when it rains? is it worth it to go to the water park in the rain as long as it's warm?

If I remember, everything stays open in the rain, but at the first sign of lightning they will close everything down. I believe there has to be no sign of lightning for 30 mins before they re-open the slides and pools.

The good thing about summer storms is that they usually dont last very long.

I know for Florida, September is still that time of year where it will rain every day in the mid-late afternoon time period (it's peak hurricane season, right?). So you should expect rain every day for at least a half hour or so around 4pm (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm from New England haha)

I will also be in WDW 9/11-16 and I noticed that Sunday the 14th looks more questionable than any of the other days I'm there. That's the day I plan to go to HS and I hope the weather doesn't jeopardize Fantasmic.

I also wouldn't even bother looking at the weather forecast until a day or two before. It will change 100 times before then. On the day, it will probably change too! Have a great trip, we'll be a few weeks behind you!

We will be there 12-20 at Pop Century. Not going to waterparks this year but last 2 years have gone. Yes, if is lightning they will not run the water park until after lightning has quit.

Oh, just because rain is in the forecast, it may be raining at 1 park and sun shining at another park.

I will be there 9/11-9/21. MK on the 14th. A nice rainstorm in the middle of the afternoon will cool things off, take some humidity out of the air, and hopefully thin the park out a bit. Looking forward to a bit of rain!

I also wouldn't even bother looking at the weather forecast until a day or two before. It will change 100 times before then. On the day, it will probably change too! Have a great trip, we'll be a few weeks behind you!

This.

robndani said:

This^^^. I will be there then too, the 13th-21st and I won't even look at the weather until I get there. It's too unpredictable, the only thing I check now is the hurricane tracker.

Also remember that it could be raining at DTD right across the street from TL and it will be sunny and clear at TL

Good to hear about the parks in the rain! Also everyone is making me feel a lot better about the weather report. We've gone 3 years now in September and we've had such good luck with the weather. This is the first time I have seen such a dismal forecast, but it IS a week or so out. Soooo I will stay positive and assume it will change for the better!

I've been stalking accuweather for that week but for temps. Have you seen the forecasted high temps? 80-83 for September in Florida is ridiculously low. Keeping my fingers crossed that this turns out to be true.

We will be there the same week. This is our third September trip and there are three simple things to know. It will be hot. It will be humid. It will rain almost every afternoon. Just have a poncho and enjoy

We will be there! We arrive Wednesday 9/10 and stay till 9/16. The 14th is also our HS day, but I'm not one to fret about rain.... Ive been to WDW during a tropical storm and we still had an amazing trip!

I also know how fickle weather is, and predictions are exactly that, guesses! Don't fret just yet, it will change again and again... no one knows what the future holds (not even the weatherman!) :thumbsup2

We will be there 9/9-9/18.... the 14th is our MNSSHP. I'm not looking at the forecast until we get there. I just hope it will be hot. This MN summer has sucked with no heat. Can't wait!!! My girls are so hyper with anticipation right now that they can hardly stand it! :yay:

Going to the same time as OP 14-20 and hoping for the best with ponchos ready to go in my backpack...

I will be there 9/11-9/21. MK on the 14th. A nice rainstorm in the middle of the afternoon will cool things off, take some humidity out of the air, and hopefully thin the park out a bit. Looking forward to a bit of rain!

Sorry but wrong, lived in FL all my life the worst is a middle afternoon storm, late afternoon storm will cool things off but mid afternoon will make it a steam room. Here now and we got a storm at 1:30, sun shining (temporarily), by 3 we left the park. You could cut the humidity with a knife. Only time FL gets low humidity is in winter. By 4 the rain started again and hasn't stop. Only sprinkling but I don't know if they did Frozen fireworks, probably won't do Wishes either. Check out the radar.

We arrive the afternoon of the 14th and will spend our first night at AOA before heading over to GF. We will be stopping in Atlanta to join our daughter and grand kids for the trip. My grandson has an off week from Cobb county schools that week and I'm hoping they are the only district closed so all of Georgia doesn't show up next week!

We arrive the afternoon of the 14th and will spend our first night at AOA before heading over to GF. We will be stopping in Atlanta to join our daughter and grand kids for the trip. My grandson has an off week from Cobb county schools that week and I'm hoping they are the only district closed so all of Georgia doesn't show up next week!

Sorry...Cherokee County (just north of Cobb) is off, too...and we're ALLLL coming!!! Mwaaaa haaa haaa....

See ya' there!!!! :cool1:

Well there you have it, looks like there are a lot of us heading there that week! Maybe if we all do a no-rain-dance, we'll luck out with an unusually dry week! ;) Can't wait, Disney is always a good time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter