Any New Info about the Disney Treasure?

I find it hard to believe there weren't a lot of kids. It's pretty easy to find pictures of the pool area. Disney does a good job of entertaining the kids, but to say you don't see them is a bit of a stretch don't you think?
We found ways to avoid the kids areas. With a bit of thought and flexibility, kid interaction can be extremely low. For instance, on the first 4 ships if you avoid the aft elevators, you can arrive into the adult area without having to experience the kids play area or family pools. If you use the aft elevators to enter the buffet only, this works well also. An area that DCL does well at is keeping the kids out of the adult areas. Adults with children are gently directed to the children areas. Even the dining rooms appear to have areas that are more adult driven, leaving the family with kids on their own.

The only time I felt over run was the 8 day Fantasy in summer 2022. They were everywhere all the time. So yes, avoid summer and breaks.
Agree about the school breaks. The one time I did a spring break cruise it did feel overrun with kids. Other than that, I’ve never felt that way.

We found ways to avoid the kids areas. With a bit of thought and flexibility, kid interaction can be extremely low. For instance, on the first 4 ships if you avoid the aft elevators, you can arrive into the adult area without having to experience the kids play area or family pools. If you use the aft elevators to enter the buffet only, this works well also. An area that DCL does well at is keeping the kids out of the adult areas. Adults with children are gently directed to the children areas. Even the dining rooms appear to have areas that are more adult driven, leaving the family with kids on their own.
I like kids so it doesn’t matter to me, but if someone that was lukewarm on kids asked my opinion on sailing on Disney Id be honest about. Some people may not want to worry about avoiding kids.

Not really a stretch. We go to the adult pool. We frequent the up-charge restaurants. We enjoy watching the kids interact with the characters when they are not in the kids clubs. And to be clear, I didn't say I didn't see kids. Only that I didn't have the perspective that I was over-run by them when on a DCL cruise.

Agreed! I love watching kids enjoying themselves and having a good time, but I’ve never felt like we were inundated by them.

Ooo how exciting! Finally, something more concrete from Disney!! Although I highly doubt I'll sail on her the first year I am so excited for another ship to enjoy in the future (all the chaos and hype of the Wish made sure I have no desire to sail the first year of anything LOL)

It will be nice to have another ship in PC... I'm most curious to see when/if they add a third ship to PC.

If all the things that are rumored come to fruition like Haunted Mansion bar, CoCo restaurant, etc I think I'll have no choice but to on on the 1st year sailing😂🤣
Haunted Mansion bar would be very enticing. I would still wait a little bit for see if they learned any lessons from the Wish, as I'm very hesitant to get on her.

So where does the Fantasy go when that happens? But yes... for those of us who are PC cruisers, I'd love to sail the magic.

So where does the Fantasy go when that happens? But yes... for those of us who are PC cruisers, I'd love to sail the magic.
I don't know what the answer is. But I do know DCL needs to put a ship full time in Port Everglades starting this fall (or no later than May 2024). That's when they start a new 15-year agreement with the port there near Ft Lauderdale. They can follow with another part time ship there, as well.

I’m thinking if Tinker Bell gets her own ship and they pass each other frequently….

Imagine the horn battle before dinner! Could be it’s own show!

I've never really considered a Disney Cruise, primarily because of being trapped on a ship with hundreds of other people's kids. However, the Treasure is calling my name. These are my favorite characters—Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Aladdin, Haunted Mansion, Coco, etc.

A rumored Coco dinner show?!? A rumored Haunted Mansion bar?!?

It's like they surveyed me. 🤣

If they could just squeeze Tiki Room and Jungle Cruise in there somewhere, I'm all set.

Is there a source for the Coco/Haunted Mansion points above? I know you said it was a rumor, but for me this is a rumor I hadn't seen until your post. A Haunted Mansion bar could be really cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter