Any New Info about the Disney Treasure?

While the physical structure will me very similar (but not exact) there will certainly be differences in theming.

We are DCL platinum and have sailed the Wish twice. Wouldn't hesitate to do it again.
Also DCL Pearl and did the Wish b2b twice and won't do it again. If the Wish and Treasure are the only options out of PC we will find another cruise line for Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises.

Also DCL Pearl and did the Wish b2b twice and won't do it again. If the Wish and Treasure are the only options out of PC we will find another cruise line for Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises.
As a DCL Pearl, wouldn't you at least be interested in sailing on the Treasure to experience it yourself?

I guess some people will always be upset, though. The Wish has been very successful so far, despite complaints here. Not everyone needs or wants a walking track. There are plenty of adult spaces.

With the Fantasy, we saw Disney improve on the Dream after feedback from guests. We'll probably see some improvements with the Treasure, too, and hopefully those improvements eventually come back to the Wish.
One reason the Wish is doing ok is it's the only DCL ship doing 3 and 4 day cruises out of Port Canaveral. It's easier to get to for people visiting WDW and less expensive if they want to try DCL.

As a DCL Pearl, wouldn't you at least be interested in sailing on the Treasure to experience it yourself?

Depends on the ship design. If they fix what I consider to be nonstarter flaws, then I might. Will wait to see though, I don't want to waste a lot of $ on another substandard ship.

Not if it's the same configuration which I am assuming it is, small adult venues scattered through the ship. No logical flow and very distracting main dining restaurants. Does every dining location need a show?
Oh, and the awful placement of the stateroom TV and lack of storage in those staterooms.

Not if it's the same configuration which I am assuming it is, small adult venues scattered through the ship. No logical flow and very distracting main dining restaurants. Does every dining location need a show?
Oh, and the awful placement of the stateroom TV and lack of storage in those staterooms.
Awful for you. For me, the stateroom TV is in exactly the right place because now I can comfortably watch TV while sitting or lying on the bed.

DCL Pearl, also sailed Wish twice, wouldn't go on it again even if it was free.
Have to ask, as an aside: why sail a 2nd time? Were you locked-in and couldn't change dates/ships? Was there a particular issue on the 2nd sailing or something that really hammered home your POV?

We sailed the Wish about a month ago, and like many people I wasn't blown away. And I know the Treasure will be at least structurally similar to the Wish (and Triton Class #3). But I'm not sure I'd go as far as to say I'd never sail the Wish again.

Maybe they are already in Florida? Because for us, yes, the flight is a touch longer, but the hotel we booked has a shuttle from the airport and to the cruise terminal. No extra car rental, etc. required. I'd skip PC from now on depending on the routes.
Would you mind sharing the name of the hotel because I have a cruise scheduled from Port of Fort Lauderdale for next February :worship:
Thanks!

Would you mind sharing the name of the hotel because I have a cruise scheduled from Port of Fort Lauderdale for next February :worship:
Thanks!

Homewood Suites by Hilton Ft.Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port

From their website:
"Minutes from the airport and Port Everglades: With a complimentary shuttle from Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) and charter service to Port Everglades just minutes away, we'll provide relaxed bookends to your cruise ship vacation. Enjoy free WiFi, daily free hot breakfast, and a full in-suite kitchen. Get into a cruise mindset with complimentary evening socials every Wednesday."

I usually stay at the Homewood Suites in PC, so I like their product. Nicer hotels out by the ocean, but for one night, we'll be fine.

I certainly agree with this. I was fortunate enough to miss the Marvel show by hitting Palo that night.
That's one reason why I love the Fantasy. No dinner shows outside of the Animation Magic which is nothing compared to other dinner shows. I am afraid during a future dry dock the fantasy will replace EG and it will become a dinner venue with a show.

Another thing I've noticed recently with the Wish and Dry docks is that every new venue is based on a movie/show. I wish Disney could be creative again and design original venues not based on movies. I love Disney but it seems they a relying on movies for everything now. Maybe I am in the minority here, but I think finding the little Disney details around the ship is better than being surrounded by Disney Theming everywhere you go.

Have to ask, as an aside: why sail a 2nd time? Were you locked-in and couldn't change dates/ships? Was there a particular issue on the 2nd sailing or something that really hammered home your POV?

We sailed the Wish about a month ago, and like many people I wasn't blown away. And I know the Treasure will be at least structurally similar to the Wish (and Triton Class #3). But I'm not sure I'd go as far as to say I'd never sail the Wish again.
I sailed the maiden voyage which got delayed. By the time it sailed the 2nd one was nonrefundable. Figured I’d go with an open mind, maiden voyage was bound to have issues, maybe things were better.

Nope, the structural issues were still just as bad. The trivias were still overcrowded because the venue is too small, Luna was still an awkward venue for the entertainment in there, etc. etc.

That's one reason why I love the Fantasy. No dinner shows outside of the Animation Magic which is nothing compared to other dinner shows. I am afraid during a future dry dock the fantasy will replace EG and it will become a dinner venue with a show.

Another thing I've noticed recently with the Wish and Dry docks is that every new venue is based on a movie/show. I wish Disney could be creative again and design original venues not based on movies. I love Disney but it seems they a relying on movies for everything now. Maybe I am in the minority here, but I think finding the little Disney details around the ship is better than being surrounded by Disney Theming everywhere you go.
On the Wish, 1923 is not based on a movie. The Marvel restaurant is based on a brand, but not on a particular movie. On the Fantasy, none of the restaurants are based on a movie. If EG is changed (and I expect that it will be sometime soon), then the Fantasy will have maybe 1/3 restaurants based on a movie.

At least they could have the TV on a movable mount. I really don't want to lay in bed if I'm watching TV in the afternoon.
I wonder if that would make it stick out from the wall too much, though. The space there is already a bit tight.

On the Wish, 1923 is not based on a movie. The Marvel restaurant is based on a brand, but not on a particular movie. On the Fantasy, none of the restaurants are based on a movie. If EG is changed (and I expect that it will be sometime soon), then the Fantasy will have maybe 1/3 restaurants based on a movie.
My bad about 1923. I actually like that theming. But the Marvel restaurant literally uses Ant-Man and the Wasp...it's based on the movies.

And for the Fantasy I expect it to happen soon as well and for it to include a show. I don't mind one show per cruise, but I also like to enjoy having a conversation at dinner.

Okay so it's now all but official what the Treasure is doing. I am interested to see where Disney puts the Fantasy. They could have more flexibility than before.

Okay so it's now all but official what the Treasure is doing. I am interested to see where Disney puts the Fantasy. They could have more flexibility than before.
It'd be nice to see more Southern Caribbean cruises. They usually only do 1-2 each year and lately they haven't been going to the best islands. With the Fantasy free from its usual 7-night cruises, maybe it could do some more of those special ones.

It'd be nice to see more Southern Caribbean cruises. They usually only do 1-2 each year and lately they haven't been going to the best islands. With the Fantasy free from its usual 7-night cruises, maybe it could do some more of those special ones.
I could see the Fantasy having a couple of options.
  • Splitting time between California and Florida: Panama Canal, Mexican Rivera, Hawaii, Caribbean/Bahamas
  • Doing 7 night East/West from Port Canaveral or Fort Lauderdale (opposite of Treasure so the two ships cover the area the other isn't in that week)
  • Southern Caribbean/Western Caribbean/Bahamas rotation from Port Canaveral or Fort Lauderdale to stay on a 21 week schedule (10 Southern Caribbean/ 5 night West Caribbean/4 night Bahamas).
Of course I'm not in the industry and I'm sure there's factors I'm not aware of. But none of the above would surprise me, or perhaps a combo of some of the above.

I’d love this. Mix in a few longer Caribbean cruises outside of summer. I’d also love the Fantasy to go to San Diego as I’d love a PC cruise on her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter