Any New Info about the Disney Treasure?

i think we get Treasure data tomorrow 6/14. DCL teased halfway to Christmas for 6/14 then released their fall schedule today. Doesn't leave much else for tomorrow.
Unfortunately it wasn't about the Treasure this morning, it was all about the offerings on the Merrytime cruises from FL and CA.

What is current consensus on when the itinerary might be released and when maiden voyage will happen? Greatly appreciate any feedback!

The wait on the Treasure release is wreaking some havoc on my other bookings since we plan many of ours at release date 18 months out. Once they finally do release the Treasure itinerary I will likely have to reschedule some of my currently booked sailings.

What is current consensus on when the itinerary might be released and when maiden voyage will happen? Greatly appreciate any feedback!

The wait on the Treasure release is wreaking some havoc on my other bookings since we plan many of ours at release date 18 months out. Once they finally do release the Treasure itinerary I will likely have to reschedule some of my currently booked sailings.
Someone I mentioned possibly August for release date's no sure if they are right just someone who recently cruised and knows friends working onboard

No one knows right now, but I think it'll be soon.

Something to consider is that the schedule for late 2024/early 2025 has the Fantasy doing some 4 night sailings from Port Canaveral in December. I think that would suggest the Treasure will take over the 7 night East/West Caribbean routes that the Fantasy currently does.

The Wish video reveal and itinerary announcement happened about a month or so after the Summer 2022 Itineraries were made available to book.

If the Treasure is launching in fall 2024 and they follow that same trend then around the end of July roughly for a possible video release on it. Hopefully sooner though.

Disney has to get the Treasure right. The Wish was delayed multiple times and it still wasn't ready for passengers when it got to Florida.
Concept art is all I need lol
Right now they want to sell the Lighthouse Point cruises. If they release a bunch Treasure info, people may decide to wait to book that instead.
I feel this is the method to the madness

I think its really going to depend on where EXACTLY they are in the build. I've heard end of fall and early winter now a couple times through the grapevines. I would expect it'll be about a month after the booking window opens because they want to get as many sailings secured as possible so the rest of the fleet doesn't suffer.

If things are going according to original plan I'd assume we will hear about the treasure any day now. If not then I'd bet we will hear about it AFTER winter 2024 drops

I think its really going to depend on where EXACTLY they are in the build.
Agree. I don't think comparing timelines with the Wish serves any purpose (other than perhaps for length of time between float out, christening and inaugural sailing)) as there was that nasty covid shutdown during its construction.

Agree. I don't think comparing timelines with the Wish serves any purpose (other than perhaps for length of time between float out, christening and inaugural sailing)) as there was that nasty covid shutdown during its construction.
I hear you regarding itineraries being posted and dates being announced but it seems very odd that there has been no information regarding MDRs, lounges, entertainment, etc.

I don't know if this is a silly comment, but can you guesstimate where the Treasure will be based on the announced sailings for the other ships? It would appear, based on the website (filtering for Nov/Dec 2024 and each ship individually):

Wish: Port Canaveral/Bahamas
Fantasy: Port Canaveral/Bahamas
Dream: Fort Lauderdale/Bahamas & Western Caribbean
Wonder: Auckland-Melbourne-Sydney/Sea Cruise
Magic: Galveston-San Juan/Bahamas-Western Caribbean-Southern Caribbean

Does this leave the Eastern Caribbean ports open? Or aren't there generally West Coast ports served out of San Diego?

I don't know if this is a silly comment, but can you guesstimate where the Treasure will be based on the announced sailings for the other ships? It would appear, based on the website (filtering for Nov/Dec 2024 and each ship individually):

Wish: Port Canaveral/Bahamas
Fantasy: Port Canaveral/Bahamas
Dream: Fort Lauderdale/Bahamas & Western Caribbean
Wonder: Auckland-Melbourne-Sydney/Sea Cruise
Magic: Galveston-San Juan/Bahamas-Western Caribbean-Southern Caribbean

Does this leave the Eastern Caribbean ports open? Or aren't there generally West Coast ports served out of San Diego?
The Treasure is almost certainly going to replace the Fantasy for 7-night Western Caribbean and Eastern Caribbean sailings from Port Canaveral. I think someone official even mentioned that recently, but I can't find it, so maybe not.

The Treasure is almost certainly going to replace the Fantasy for 7-night Western Caribbean and Eastern Caribbean sailings from Port Canaveral. I think someone official even mentioned that recently, but I can't find it, so maybe not.
Ok, so that probably means Miami as a home port? And probably means the Treasure does not go to Lighthouse Point? I was originally under the impression the Treasure would go to Lighthouse Point, but I'm not sure what I'm basing that on.

Selfishly, I really like this (if true) because I've had enough of the Nassau/Castaway Cay trips occupying the new ships. It'd be great to take an Eastern Caribbean trip on a new ship.

I really would love to keep the Fantasy in PC. I’m planning transportation to our cruise out of Port Everglades in 2024 and not looking forward to the increase time to get to port.

Ok, so that probably means Miami as a home port? And probably means the Treasure does not go to Lighthouse Point? I was originally under the impression the Treasure would go to Lighthouse Point, but I'm not sure what I'm basing that on.
Miami is no offered as a starting point after this October. Time for the contract with Port Everglades to begin.

I am wondering if the Fantasy and Treasure could both do Eastern and Western for a time. Only offering 7-nights on the new, expensive ship could prohibit some cruisers. Simply have both Eastern and Western (or modifications to existing itineraries) going simultaneously,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter