Any New Info about the Disney Treasure?

Her maiden voyage being Christmas week though? The Wish sailed July, I know she wasn’t ready but I think most people expected her to sail September/October time.
All of the updates I've read say end of Q3 which puts it right around September. I think we are all expecting it to release in the fall cruises drop. I guess we will find out very soon! Fall releases usually drop about June

Her maiden voyage being Christmas week though? The Wish sailed July, I know she wasn’t ready but I think most people expected her to sail September/October time.

that’s when I was expecting it too, Christmas week or right before it for maiden voyage seems odd to me and can’t imagine the eye watering cost if that is the case

I would vote for Mary Poppins.
Me too!! I can remember seeing Mary Poppins when I was a little girl at: *gasp* . . . . the drive-in theatre. I know I'm dating myself but that movie made me so happy and joyful and it still does. Yes, please to Mary Poppins. Now back to discussions about the Treasure (of which I know absolutely nothing about).

Could you catch me up please? Where is the Fantasy expected to go? I was hoping it and the Treasure would both do seven nights from Canaveral.
No idea! The Wish took over for the Dream, so a lot of us expected the Treasure to take over for the Fantasy. The Dream then took most of the Magic's routes and the Magic is doing all kinds of weird stuff. But, I don't know where the Fantasy will go. Or the third new ship!

Me too!! I can remember seeing Mary Poppins when I was a little girl at: *gasp* . . . . the drive-in theatre. I know I'm dating myself but that movie made me so happy and joyful and it still does. Yes, please to Mary Poppins. Now back to discussions about the Treasure (of which I know absolutely nothing about).
Hey, we still have a drive-in nearby! I used to go all the time when I was a kid. Two movies for the whole family for about $15? And you can bring your own, cheap snacks and drinks? Good deal!

That was... quite a while after Mary Poppins debuted, though.

My vote is that before they drop any more information about the Treasure that they release port adventure information for the South Pacific repo cruise, since our booking window is less than a month away. :)

Maybe they'll have Treasure do short runs to LP for her first few months, THEN switch and take over for the Fantasy?
Short 3 and 4 nights while crew trains, and increases the number of people that can sail and post about the Treasurer early on.

Short 3 and 4 nights while crew trains, and increases the number of people that can sail and post about the Treasurer ear
This may be a possibility. Does anyone remember if they did this for the Fantasy?

We just got off the Wish. Rumor is that the Disney Treasure's Maiden Voyage will be in October (no date given).

Certainly expected, but there was hope until we knew for sure. I love the seven nights out of PC, but I can't see me doing them on the Treasure. There are just too many misses on that ship to make it fun.
Totally agree. The Wish is a disaster. I would not want to spend 7 nights on anything similar to that. I just got off a well-designed new ship that really solidified how bad the Wish is.

I hope the Treasure takes over for the Fantasy and the Fantasy does longer cruises in South America.
That would be great. Disney seems to have trouble selling anything out of the ordinary when it comes to itineraries. Since the seasons are opposite ours what time of year is optimal for those sailings?

Totally agree. The Wish is a disaster. I would not want to spend 7 nights on anything similar to that. I just got off a well-designed new ship that really solidified how bad the Wish is.
I'd be interested to know what other ship you were on.

It seems we all want to know the same thing. I'm not saying I'm ready to switch lines, but I am saying we've been looking and experimenting.
Just spent 12 days on Odyssey. It was a breath of fresh air after the Wish. I wasn’t a fan of Allure, but Odyssey is smaller does not have the Central Park or Boardwalk. I’m not well versed on royals different classes of ships. I should take the time to learn it.

We are just starting to branch out too.

It seems we all want to know the same thing. I'm not saying I'm ready to switch lines, but I am saying we've been looking and experimenting.
Even if not a new ship I’d say experiment. I did one NCL and 31 Disney Cruises. Recently in April finally did Wish and can’t wait for Treasure.

But I’d try NCL newer ship if timing was right, pearl was awesome in 2016

Just spent 12 days on Odyssey. It was a breath of fresh air after the Wish. I wasn’t a fan of Allure, but Odyssey is smaller does not have the Central Park or Boardwalk. I’m not well versed on royals different classes of ships. I should take the time to learn it.

We are just starting to branch out too.
We have been on the Odyssey also and actually prefer the Harmony of the Seas. It is like a floating city.

Maybe they'll have Treasure do short runs to LP for her first few months, THEN switch and take over for the Fantasy?
Probably not. There's a reason they have the Magic running the LP cruises. The draw is LP...they don't need a new ship doing that run to fill it up. The Treasure will be it's own draw and doesn't need a new port in the itinerary to fill it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter