• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any musical theater fans out there?

TwoCortWort

A Buckeye Disney Princess
I am currently in a production of Guys and Dolls in my small town and so frustrated with going on vacation and starting to put the show together, but will be missing a week of rehearsal due to vacation,but will have something to do in the hotel room on the very little down time. ;)

Anyways anyone out there fan of musical theater? What shows are your favorites?

I have been a fan since I first saw Annie the movie and that is my all time favorite. I have seen Cats, Rent (original broadway cast and tour), Wicked (16 times and counting), Wizard of Oz (went to high school with a girl that played Dorothy when we were in middle and high school), Next To Normal, Miss Saigon, Annie, Evita, Lion King, Addams Family...so many others. Wicked and Annie are my favorites for sure. :) In October recently I saw Annie and Evita on Broadway and just loved them both.

Big time theater fans right here! My husband and I met in theater in high school- I was the stage manager and DH was the actor. Ours sons are also in theater- actually my DH and DS are rehearsing for Sweeney Todd (show is in Jan) and tryouts for DS are tomorrow for high school production of Rent. DS is also doing How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying in the summer (I also did this play in high school). He did Guys and Dolls 3 years ago and that was my first production in high school! Our younger DS is finishing his theater session this coming Saturday with a production he and the class made up on their own about superheros. We are lucky to have many community theater groups in our town!

I have many favorites- Oklahoma was the first production I ever saw, so that is a favorite of mine. DS did The Music Man several years ago and I also did that production in high school. Kiss Me, Kate, how to succeed, guys and dolls- I have many happy memories in the theater!! Break a leg!!

Yep! Another musical theatre fanatic here!! Actually our whole family is pretty involved. Upcoming for this year... DD13 is currently doing ensemble in a local production of Miracle on 34th Street. DS17 in in a teen theatre troupe performing Rent, I am thrilled to be playing Violet Newstead in 9 To 5 in May and DH is doing Spamalot this summer. Such a fun year!!!!
Fav shows seen include Les Mis (big surprise), Newsies, Spring Awakening, Wicked, A Chorus Line and many more!! :yay::yay::yay:

Me me me!!! Well our whole family actually. I am in a production of A Christmas Carol next Saturday with my two oldest DD's. My DH just finished up a production of Evil Dead: The Musical over Halloween week. And our two oldest were in a couple children's shows this year, both were in Jungle Book Kids, and the oldest was in Little Mermaid, Jr.

As far as favorite shows...I like the more modern comedies, Avenue Q and Book of Mormon come to mind. I LOVE Rent..my DH was cast in a community theater version of it that I didn't get a part in. That was a rough few months! :) We are looking forward to both auditioning for The Producers in February.

Looking forward to talking with other musical theater fans!

So thrilled there are some of us out there. :) I loved Les Mis too, 9 to 5 I saw Diana Degarmo as Doralee, and met her too. I have met so many of the casts I have seen in shows, gotta love the stage door. ;) I am seeing Wicked in Orlando in Feb along with going to Disney! Great combo, eh?

None of my family is musical oriented. I began singing at a young age. I was hooked on Kids Inc and Mickey Mouse Club as a kid. I did musicals in school, I was Annie in Annie, ballerina munchkin in Wizard of Oz in middle school. In high school I did them all 4 years and was Mary in Secret Garden and I swore off trying out for leads after that. Last year I was Star to Be in Annie and I am back with the lead role again, which is frustrating, but I am learning a lot in doing this show and its a fun show.

We are a musical theater family. Well, everyone but me, that is.

DH is a professional singer, graduated from AMDA, the American Musical and Dramatic Academy, College and Conservatory of the Performing Arts in New York City. So when I say he "sings for our supper," I'm not kidding since he actually gets paid. :rotfl:

He's been in numerous shows, way too many to list but I will say that my favorites are probably when he played Captain Von Trapp in The Sound of Music, and Judas in Jesus Christ Superstar. He actually cut a couple of albums back in the 80's, opened for a lot of national acts, and had his music (he wrote and sang) featured on the tv show, Homicide. He currently performs in 2 bands.

All of the kids have performed in community theater. The 2 oldest girls have performed in professional groups. I can't even name all the plays they've been in but my favorite roles include, Pepper and Duffy in Annie, (2 daughters were orphans in the same production but not the one DH was in) Hodel, in Fiddler on the Roof, Baby June in Gypsy, Ursula in Bye Bye Birdie, and our son sure did make the cutest Chip, in Beauty in the Beast, that you ever did see!

I wish our boys had more time for theater, they have beautiful voices, but they are so involved in sports and as they get older, it's becoming harder to make commitments to more than one thing at a time.

Love, love, love catching a show on Broadway. Disney on Broadway has been great, too!

When I was little I always did the Missoula Children's Theatre musicals that came to town every summer. I loved those!

Freshmen year we did The Pajama Game, sophomore year we did Happy Days, last year we did Guys and Dolls, and this year we're doing Back to the 80s. I hope I get to play Tiffani or Eileen.

:wave2::wave2: I'm here!

Lifelong musical theatre lover. DH and I met while doing a show (we had our first kiss in it, and we weren't dating yet:lovestruc).

Favorite show - The King and I. Fell in love with it in high school and when I found out that Yul Brynner was leaving the Broadway production due to his illness, I begged my dad to get me tickets - and he did! Other faves include Rent (I did catch the original cast on Broadway - who knew) and Kiss of the Spider Woman (with Vanessa Williams).

I still do a little acting and dancing, but only sing for my family. DH is an actor (who thinks that he can sing and dance:rotfl2:). DD - well, guess what she wants to major in? Yeah, you got it! Her recent roles include Mushu in Mulan, Little Red Riding Hood in Into The Woods and The Cat in the Hat in Seussical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter