Any MISTAKES made on past trips?

Biggest mistakes are #1 going with extended family! We have different likes and styles of vacations. My sister and her 4 kids go go go. But didn't understand Disney since they hadn't been. Me, I know Disney and what we like. My folks - hate Disney, hate crowds and only reason they went was out of a sense of obligation (and to pay for my sister's family's expenses). NEVER again! Even having my folks drive over from nearby one trip and join us for one day in a park years later was a mistake. They insisted on going to Denny's for breakfast the day we were going to Animal Kingdom park. I'm like, we can get food there, but no. UGH.

I will NEVER again go with a large group or with my family other than my husband and kids.

Best thing: going alone with either both my kids or just my daughter. The less people, the more fun to me. We do what we want and don't worry about someone else having fun or not.

We've traveled with my extended family often and last time it didn't end well- never again. I'm not risking ruining the happiest place on earth with family drama!

We now realize that everyone needs time to relax! You can't keep going with your plan without a break. We plan on returning to the resort after a ride or two following lunch. It allows pool time,and chill time for a drink or nap. After the first day of trying the plan( especially in the September heat), everyone looked forward to it.
Great tip! I'm traveling with 3 young kids and I'm trying to plan enough down time so we don't go crazy.

It wasn't so much a mistake but something I would definitely tweak for my next trip... When we went last May had the Dining Plan but ate only at the parks. I have a little FOMO for not exploring/dining at other resorts while we were there, especially since so many nice ones are so close to the parks!! We're in the early stages of planning our next trip (hopefully May 2017!) and I'm already planning on eating at at least a few resorts that are within walking distance to the parks. To me, it's almost the equivalent of taking a nap back at your resort. You get to eat a delicious meal and then take a leisurely stroll around a resort and take in you surroundings.. I can't wait!

OK - there must be SOMETHING you did, or packed, or bought, on your last trip that you would never do again.

Our mistake was trying for that oft-recommended afternoon nap break back at the resort, before heading back to the park. We left MK at 5pm, and planned to return later for fireworks and E-Ride Nite. The dip in the pool we took was refreshing, but the nap was impossible. The extreme hassle of going back to the resort, then rushing back to MK, zapped any benefit of the break!

A good idea, but 5 pm may have been too late. :(

I packed no rain gear when we went to Disneyland in dec of 2010. none. and it poured...it was a mess but we had loads of fun either way

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter