• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any luck with a fully booked resort.

jgplimdesign

Tiki Room Traveler
Hi, all:

Getting ready to book a trip for this coming November. I noticed that our beloved Pop was unavailable for the week we are seeking....

Just wondering, is it worth calling Disney periodically to see if there is a cancellation? Has anyone done this---with successful results?

I will book a trip with a second (albeit reluctant) choice.....please weigh in with any personal experiences regarding a fully booked resort.

Thanks!

they are always cancellations at WDW resorts. though you could look online these days and save you a phone call?

Hi, all:

Getting ready to book a trip for this coming November. I noticed that our beloved Pop was unavailable for the week we are seeking....

Just wondering, is it worth calling Disney periodically to see if there is a cancellation? Has anyone done this---with successful results?

I will book a trip with a second (albeit reluctant) choice.....please weigh in with any personal experiences regarding a fully booked resort.

Thanks!

Definitely keep checking as availability can/does change.

I think it's worth it to keep checking, I am calling every couple of days to see if an opening comes up for our next vacation (I do it on the phone vs. online because I'm asking about a certain discount that I cannot search for online). I'll keep calling until someone at Disney tells me not to. I have had a couple of the phone represenatives comment that I've called quite a few times about the same trip but none have refused to check for me so I'm okay with that. So I say if there is a specific resort you are looking for, go ahead and call to check if anything has opened up any time you like, you never know you might get lucky and catch a room at your preferred resort! Good luck!

Did you try searching travel sites such as Orbitz, Travelocity, etc.? They have different inventory than Disney direct.

YES keep checking! More than once I've gotten a resort that was sold out!

A CM once told me to call 8 am EST on Mondays as that is when any Magical Gatherings cancellations go back into the system. Otherwise, I'd check a couple of times a week on line.

Not only do people cancel, many will switch resorts as well. If a room only discount comes out some people will switch. I just booked Movies for when we pick DD up from the college program. I will switch if I can get a good deal on a moderate or deluxe.

Keep looking online. I would check all the time. I did get lucky and got the extra night I wanted. It actaully gets reserved as another reservation.

Yes, keep checking, something strange just happened to our week. I checked one day last week and there were king, preferred, pirate and pirate water view at CBR. There was also 3 different room types at CSR. The next morning everything was gone at both and has been ever since. I have a hard time believing that all those rooms booked overnight. For some reason they just pulled inventory. Maybe a RO discount coming?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter