• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any kids reviews of Skipper Canteen?

speeb

Mouseketeer
While our upcoming trip is all about the kids (4, 7, 9), I would love to try Skipper Canteen. Right now, I'm trying to figure out our last dinner in MK. Most of our other meals are character buffets so I'd kind of like to eat somewhere I can order something. We're having breakfast that morning at BOG and I'm still keeping an eye out for a dinner reservation there as well.

This is a long way of saying, how are kids responding to the menu here? Mine aren't the most adventurous eaters, but I could probably talk them into SOMETHING and they were really excited when I scrolled past a picture of the Volcano dessert.

I had also heard that you might be able to order off the LTT kids menu, but don't know if that's even an option at dinner time.

So what did your kids think of Skipper Canteen?

Our family ate at Skippers three weeks ago. My DS (5) shared the Skip's mac-n-cheese with me, and loved it. I also enjoyed it, and did not think it was spicy or adventurous (it tasted a bit like lasagna without the mozzarella and with macaroni noodles). My DD (8) shared my husband's steak and my father's shrimp, and she enjoyed them both. DD also enjoyed the Baladi salad, the beef from the arepas, and shu mai. DS did not enjoy any of the appetizers, but loved the bread and honey. The whole family truly enjoyed the meal there, even my non-adventurous DH and DS.

Thanks, this is good to hear! I'd much rather eat here than at Tony's.

Have anyone's kiddos ordered the Chef Tandaji's Crispy Chicken? Wondering if it's basically chicken nuggets. My kids aren't the most adventurous either but my oldest is excited about having his 14th birthday dinner here in October and am hoping I can find something that everyone will eat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter