Any issues booking a VGT for Alaska 2 months before sailing

emilymad

DIS Veteran
We are thinking about booking a last minute cruise to Alaska. Are there any issues with booking last minute other than not picking our cabin? We aren’t looking to do any of the big excursions like sled dogs, etc.

The only risks are that some port adventures and onboard activities (Palo, alcohol tastings, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, etc.) could be sold out. If you don't care about the exact cabin and won't be disappointed about inability to book particular activities, go for it!

You may also want to check on pre- and post-cruise arrangements before you book, to make sure airfare and hotels (if you need them) are available.

As long as you’re not set on certain excursions then you shouldn’t have an issue.

Have all your ducks in a row(pick out a flight you'll go book if needed, find a hotel, make sure your passport is valid for 6 months form sail date, personal schedules etc) before you book because it's non-refundable from the second you make the one and only payment. If you don't care about scheduling Palo, Princess meet and Greets or any specific Port Adventures, then no there are no other issues I can think of. A last minute cruise can be so much fun, none of the pressure of waiting 18 months from opening day booking. Just a few short weeks and your on your way!

Have all your ducks in a row(pick out a flight you'll go book if needed, find a hotel, make sure your passport is valid for 6 months form sail date, personal schedules etc) before you book because it's non-refundable from the second you make the one and only payment. If you don't care about scheduling Palo, Princess meet and Greets or any specific Port Adventures, then no there are no other issues I can think of. A last minute cruise can be so much fun, none of the pressure of waiting 18 months from opening day booking. Just a few short weeks and your on your way!
The 6 month rule doesn't apply to Canada.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Canada.html

How bad is deck 8 in terms of noise?
Depends on where you are on deck 8, but overall most of the noise you could get would be noise from the deck (walking, deck chairs being moved for cleaning etc). Overall it's a pretty nice location. It's where all the suites are located.

Depending on when you're booking, you might have to pay everything at once.

We did this and stayed on 8. I didn't find it noisy at all and we were by the elevator too.

Just FYI, if there are excursions you’re interested in but are sold out through DCL, check directly with the tour companies. We’re going in June and have booked all our excursions outside of DCL - most of them have guarantees to get you back to the ship on time (cruise guests are their bread and butter, they can’t risk screwing people over), and they’re less expensive (no DCL markup).

I say go for it! My perspective is that for an itinerary like Alaska, the stateroom is just the place to sleep - Alaska is the destination. If you can get a good rate that gets you on the ship, take it.

I totally agree with this. Check airfare, and hotels and make sure everything looks good before you pull the trigger on the cruise.

I wouldn't worry about excursions you will save a ton of money booking outside of the cruise lines. There are even tour companies at the ports if needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter