Any Insulin Pump Cruisers?

mmbrad02

DIS Veteran
We leave a week from tomorrow for our first Disney cruise! I read tonight that all RX's must be in their original packaging. All of our actual medication is, but our pump supplies (DH and I both are type 1 diabetics using Minimed pumps) come 10 each in a box, with no label attached. We do not need a whole box when we travel either. How have you handled this? We cruised Carnival a couple of years ago without any trouble, we just had 4-5 of our supplies in their individual packaging in a gallon size ziploc with all of our other medical supplies. Thanks!

Yes, I have two children with type one. We have been traveling on cruises with pumps for the past 15 years with the latest being this past feb. My son also has a Medtronic pump and never had a problem. Ever. My daughter is 10 and she has the Tslim. I put all their supplies in one big duffle/backpack bag and never had a problem with airline or port security. I leave the insulin viles in the boxes but all the pump supplies are not in labeled boxes as you said and no one ever asked me about them. I bring a lot with too! I am always paranoid about being out at sea and out of supplies :)

Yes, I have two children with type one. We have been traveling on cruises with pumps for the past 15 years with the latest being this past feb. My son also has a Medtronic pump and never had a problem. Ever. My daughter is 10 and she has the Tslim. I put all their supplies in one big duffle/backpack bag and never had a problem with airline or port security. I leave the insulin viles in the boxes but all the pump supplies are not in labeled boxes as you said and no one ever asked me about them. I bring a lot with too! I am always paranoid about being out at sea and out of supplies :)

THIS is exactly what I needed to hear! Thank you so much!

We leave a week from tomorrow for our first Disney cruise! I read tonight that all RX's must be in their original packaging. All of our actual medication is, but our pump supplies (DH and I both are type 1 diabetics using Minimed pumps) come 10 each in a box, with no label attached. We do not need a whole box when we travel either. How have you handled this? We cruised Carnival a couple of years ago without any trouble, we just had 4-5 of our supplies in their individual packaging in a gallon size ziploc with all of our other medical supplies. Thanks!
I don’t think they follow this policy at all. We were on the EBTA this year and had all of our meds in a large calendarized pillbox with 25 days worth of all kinds of meds. No one questioned us. We didn’t bring any of the original bottles with us.

I read tonight that all RX's must be in their original packaging.

On the packing list? It just says it parenthetically. That’s not a “must” to me. As long as you don’t have controlled medicines this won’t be an issue.

I take the insulin vials out of the packages in order to put them in a cooling device but bring a paper copy of the prescription. Never had a problem.

We cruised in June and we didn't put anything in labeled packaging. My son uses the Tslim and Dexcom and we had a TON of stuff with us as well as glucagon, etc. I wouldn't worry about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter