Any insight on where to rent ECV

snow whites dad

Earning My Ears
Iam renting ECV for 4 days for both of my grandparents and have read previous posts. Are any of the rental places better than others and what am I looking for if there is a difference. I haven't rented them before and would appreciate any insight. Thanks.

Welcome to these boards!

I am sure Sue will be along to give you all the links :)

I got back a couple of weeks ago and rented from Walker mobility. I was very happy with the vehichle and it was waiting for me at check in. I arrived on Thursday late afternoon and originally thought I was leaving on Mon (wound up staying an extra day without an ecv) but they only charged my for Fri, Sat and Sun!

Here I am.
Here are the links that eeyorefanatic mentioned:
Care Medical:
http://www.caremedicalequipment.com/

Walker Mobility:
1-888-726-6837
www.walkermobility.com

RANDY'S Mobility is in Kissimmee 407-892-4777
http://randysmobility.com/

Colonial Medical
http://www.colonialmed.com/about_cms.html

There are fans of each company. For each person who posted not being happy with a particular company, there is someone else who has had a great experience. So, I don't think you would be unhappy whichever you choose.

Sue's right. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the vendors. What I found with two of the vendors is the ECV is dropped off ahead of your arrival at the bell services area with the renter's name on it. You would return it to bell services at the end of the trip. A CC is asked for at the time you reserve the ECV but the charge is not processed until the day before you arrive. I think this is standard. When I originally looked into ECVs I think there was only one vendor that required you pick the ECV up at their place of business.
WDW transportation is very good however, busses can only accommodate two w/c,or ECVs at a time.
Just wanted you to be aware of this.
Have a wonderful trip.

Ok, Nanajo, you've peeked my curiosity ... which company does NOT drop off ECVs at the hotel? Just curious ... thank you!

Judith,
It was Mobility Express. We saw an ECV at one of the parks with their ad. The tiller came up at a right angle and brought the hand conrols closer to you. I can't extend my arms for long periods so this looked good to me.I called them for my next trip. The prices were much cheaper(I've noted $70/week) but you had to go to ?Cortes Rd to pick it up. We don't usually have a car so it didn't work out. I never found out the brand of ECV either :(.

Nanajo, thank you for the info. Even though we usually do drive, I think I would like the convenience of the company dropping off & picking up the ECV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter