Any information on Emeril's or Bongo's

shelaj

Earning My Ears
My husband is interested in trying these two restaurants while we are in Orlando. Can anybody give me any information on them. prices, atmosphere, etc.
thanks

this probably won't help much, but my dad went to Emeril's on a buisness trip & loved it! He eats out a lot (in NYC) & is pretty picky. He also likes plain food, so I guess there was something on the menu for him. He enjoyed the atmosphere, and suggested we go there without our 1 year old, although he did think we could bring him if we really wanted to. As for the price, he thought it was a lot, but they split a group check where most people got drinks, appetizers & desserts. I think it was around $60 pp.

Emerils is GREAT! Just ate there about 2 weeks ago. I took a client and his associate there for dinner. If you don't have ressies now, you might be out of luck though. I stopped at a reservation kiosk out in the middle of city walk and they told me that reservations were book out 6 weeks in advance. We took a chance and the host seated us right away (around 6:30 pm).

Dinner for 3.
Bring your bank book. We ordered two dinners (salad is not included with entre') (one of my guests only wanted a seafood salad) an appetizer and several glasses of wine and the bill was over $210 with tip.

I was one of the best meals I've had in a long time, but would have had major indegestion if the company was not paying for it.

Bongos is excellent...cuban food is very much like american food...not as spicey as you would think..but very delicious...great atmosphere...great service.

We also like Emeril's...great food and service.

If you are looking for another excellent meal...Our favorite at City Walk...try the Latin quarter....outstanding.

Definitely book up for a weekend visit to Emeril's as it is VERY popular (not quite so busy during the week). Their feature Cajun-Creole cuisine is quite superb, IMHO, but, as several have menioned, it is not cheap. It also boasts a great wine list and a cigar bar.

Bongo's is slightly less pricey and more fun in its styling and live music most evenings. The menu is fairly standard Cuban fare (the new Samba Room on W Sand Lake Road does it better, I think) but it is pretty sound and always comes up nice and fresh.

However, like webray, Latin Quarter is well worth considering for its wondreful style, atmosphere and fabulous Latin-influenced food. They pick dishes from all over South and Central America and give it all a really appetising and appealing flavor. Great live music on Fridays and Saturdays, too (although there is a cover charge after 10pm, I think).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter