Any ideas when the Liberty Square riverboat will be running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizneefan13

Earning My Fins
I thought I read its refurbishment would be finished around the end of September but the calendar shows it down during our vacation next month. I am hoping we can ride it while there, but it isn't looking like it.
The sites I've visited all say TBA for completion date.

I didn't realize it's down for reburb, glad it will be back up by Feb. DH is already bummed about the train being down again for our visit.

We were also hoping it would be back up this month, but doesn't look like it will happen.
We'll just have to wait till the next trip.

I was really bummed that we decided to not go to Disney this December in lieu of a more extravagant trip December 2019, but since the train and the Liberty Belle are two of my must-dos for MK I'm feeling better about postponing our trip now.
Heck, if they closed the Peoplemover as well, there would be no point in going at all with the train and the Liberty Belle down! There are only so many times a person can ride Carousel of Progress! :rotfl2:

I'm sorry for those impacted this year, though--I know it will be worth it, but it still stinks.

I was really bummed that we decided to not go to Disney this December in lieu of a more extravagant trip December 2019, but since the train and the Liberty Belle are two of my must-dos for MK I'm feeling better about postponing our trip now.
Heck, if they closed the Peoplemover as well, there would be no point in going at all with the train and the Liberty Belle down! There are only so many times a person can ride Carousel of Progress! :rotfl2:

I'm sorry for those impacted this year, though--I know it will be worth it, but it still stinks.

Hey, I understand. I bumped our trip up a month (35 days out) last year when I found out Splash Mountain was going to be down during our original dates! Some things just aren’t negotiable!

A woman after my own heart!

It's funny, isn't it, how certain rides and/or experiences are so evocative that if we are unable to do the ride/experience we feel as if our trip is just somehow sadly "off". In our family (now with married daughters and 6 grandchildren ranging in age from 12 years to 14 months) we have compiled such a lengthy shared history of Disney that when we plan our combined vacations to Disney, even the smallest changes require a family consensus before anything can be changed. Crystal Palace is ALWAYS breakfast and ALWAYS the first Magic Kingdom day--well, we finally figured out that we are missing some prime low crowd ride opportunities by eating breakfast from 8 to 10 am, so why not do lunch instead? When my DH raised this suggestion, he (wisely) prefaced it by saying, "I know it's tradition to go to breakfast, and of course we would all need to agree, but I had a thought on Crystal Palace...":rotfl:

I'm pretty sure the new NAFTA treaty required less delicate negotiations.

But I'm also really looking forward to the new rides and attractions coming in the next few years. We were all collectively bummed out about Ellens Universe of Energy closing---especially myself and my DH and oldest DGS--when he was a toddler he loved dinosaurs and we have such fond memories of cuddling with him on that ride--now he's as tall as I am and maybe heavier--so not much pulling him into my lap these days, lol--but I'm sure the new ride will be amazing and so we will just have to make new memories. :goodvibes

As long as I have my train ride.

And the Liberty Belle.

Oh, and Peoplemover.

and Pirates. and Peter Pan.

and It's a Small World. and BTMRR. and Haunted Mansion.

and then over in EPCOT..... :rotfl2:

.........But I can handle change! Honest! :bitelip:

We can’t do any early breakfast at MK because my son is in love with the welcome show and we just cannot risk missing it. He is 14, btw! :laughing:

I even ended up canceling EMM because he would seriously get more joy out of a free welcome show than a couple hundred bucks worth of rides and breakfast!

Love those little traditions!

Because the links describing the closure have been posted, closing.

Also a reminder on no political posts nor any personal messages. The ‘Start a Conversation’ feature in the Inbox is available to all. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter