Any ideas on potential discounts October 2016?

Following :) Looking at going Oct 2 - Oct 9th for my DS 4th Birthday. Hoping for Free dinning at POR, finger's crossed!

We are going to be there at the same time Oct 2- Oct 9th, staying at the POP, hoping for free dinning as well.

I just booked our stay at CBR 10/16-10/22 so I'll be keeping an eye out for discounts too :)

So we are looking to book POR 10/12 - 10/21. If I book now, can the price and reservation get changed to apply any possible discounts? This will be our 2nd visit, so just relearning booking process and trying for a any discounts.

So we are looking to book POR 10/12 - 10/21. If I book now, can the price and reservation get changed to apply any possible discounts? This will be our 2nd visit, so just relearning booking process and trying for a any discounts.
If there is still availability with the discount at that resort then yes you can call and have it applied by a CM. Remember that there is always a set number of rooms available for each discount at the applicable hotels. GL!

Thanks. I went ahead and booked a garden view room at POR and I'll keep on the lookout for discounts for the fall.

We are booked for first ever family WDW to Wilderness Lodge 9/22-28. Hoping for FD For our 2 adults and 2 kids ages 8 & 9. Am I better off making a res for late October as well (we will be in Ft Lauderdale for a wedding Oct 22)? I'd kind of like to try the food and wine thing at Epcot... I know it's not part of the DP.

Following :) Now that it's 2016 I'm getting excited about trip planning even though its early. Hoping to try POR this year as I've never stayed on that side, but will go back to Pop if I can't get a good discount.

Following. We are planning a trip in September, October, or November. I think we are planning to stay a CSR and hope to get free dining. I know it has been historically blacked out most of October, but here's to hoping for something different this year.

with the offer that came out today, one free quick service meal for value stays, i'm wondering if free dinning is going to be a thing of the past. this year could be very interesting. :cool:

Had an 8 night stay at beach club with park hoppers booked at $4400 direct thru disney, just got done putting a deposit down thru a ta and came out to over a $1000 less with their discount

Pretty sure I booked today with the same TA as boom...staying at POR Oct 1-4 with hoppers and ddp.

I'm going next month already and should prob upgrade to an AP and save a little $$ in the long run but haven't decided yet. It's more money up front for me than I'd like to part with

Pretty sure I booked today with the same TA as boom...staying at POR Oct 1-4 with hoppers and ddp.

I'm going next month already and should prob upgrade to an AP and save a little $$ in the long run but haven't decided yet. It's more money up front for me than I'd like to part with
Yeah I was really shocked that the person was able to save us as much as she did, we still have a package booked direct thru disney just in case the discounts that are due come out in the coming months are a bigger savings. But at least now were saving at least a grand on our vacation

Yeah I was really shocked that the person was able to save us as much as she did, we still have a package booked direct thru disney just in case the discounts that are due come out in the coming months are a bigger savings. But at least now were saving at least a grand on our vacation

Oh! So you have it booked both ways, and can cancel one without penalty, depending on where the better deal is? Ooooh, wonder if we should do that...

I'm saving like $320 off my disney package..i'll take it

Oh! So you have it booked both ways, and can cancel one without penalty, depending on where the better deal is? Ooooh, wonder if we should do that...
keep in mind, the more booked up they are the less likely it is that they will offer a good deal. if a lot of people double book they will see they are getting full and feel they don't need an offer. its kind of cutting off your nose to spite your face. you may feel its just you doing it so no big deal, its just one double booking, but in reality its a bunch of people who have the same idea.
we do this at our own risk. if the offer that comes (or doesn't come) isn't great we may be to blame.
jmo

keep in mind, the more booked up they are the less likely it is that they will offer a good deal. if a lot of people double book they will see they are getting full and feel they don't need an offer. its kind of cutting off your nose to spite your face. you may feel its just you doing it so no big deal, its just one double booking, but in reality its a bunch of people who have the same idea.
we do this at our own risk. if the offer that comes (or doesn't come) isn't great we may be to blame.
jmo
Yeah this thought did cross my mind but we're already saving 25% thru the ta so if I'm unable to get a discount on my direct thru disney package than no big loss.

Yeah this thought did cross my mind but we're already saving 25% thru the ta so if I'm unable to get a discount on my direct thru disney package than no big loss.
sorry if this sounds mean but maybe you don't see the big picture. you may be alright but it could mess things up for others. i want to think about everyone and not just 'i will save money anyways'.
we all need to do what we need to do i guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter