Any ideas for bridal shower favors?

firstmickey

Riddle Goddess of Chaos
I need to make about 25-30 favors for a CASUAL early evening shower that will be held at my aunt's house. (We even plan to go in the hot tub). I would still like to do something nice.
The color I have to work with is a dark (but not real dark) fall purple. (Definitely not lavender).

Would be glad for any ideas.
Thanks,

Donna

Not sure how much money you want to spend but have you seen the Yankee Candle favors. You can get them printed with the bride's name and date on them. They are beautiful and if you get a few extra you can light them around the hot tub. They come in all colors. I get a catolog but I'm sure they have a web site.

Even if you don't go with the yankee candle any type of candles would be pretty for an evening shower.

Ditto on the other post...The Yankee Candles are cool withthe personalization --also I did a yahoo search for "bridal shower favor" and almost all of the suggestions were candles, soaps/bath beads or some kind of candy. There were votives tied up in cellophane with a tag tied on, and one site had put them in sets of 3 in really cool vellum bags with pretty ribbon.

I went to a baby shower this summer and one of the favors was a little envelope of seeds (baby's breath) they had made labels on the computer that said "Plant these in honor of Jacob's Birth" you could easily adapt that to the Bride and Groom.

Candi

The favors at my shower were small bottles of Champagne, with our names and wedding date on the lable, along with bells or some sort of wedding decorations.

Thanks for the ideas.
I was thinking candles, but i didn't know about Yankee personalized. I don't want to spend a fortune though.

Any other ideas?
Thanks for the help.

Donna

Well the custom candles with just a fragrance and a label are $2.75 each X 30 = $82.50 plus shipping. Is that too much?

You could add your own "wrapping" with see through tulle and a ribbon bought from Jo'Ann's. It would be cheaper. But even with Yankee doing that part the candles are $4.25 X 30 = $127.50.

How much do you want to spend?

For my SIL's shower a few years ago we did scented soaps from Bath & Body tied them up with a pretty ribbon and attached a complementing silk flower to it. We had them all in a pretty basket tied up with the same ribbons and flowers. It was different and really nice.

You don't need to go custom labels with Yankee Candles. My bridal shower had yankee candles in my wedding colors, in white tulle tied with a ribbon. They went over really well

(not as well as the lindts chocolates that we my wedding favors, though :p )

True Jenz and you can get a whole tray of them (18 total) for $20.

thanks for all of the great replies.
I am going to look into the candles and also liked the bath soap idea. I think I am going to ask my sister to help me with expenses so I can make them a little nicer.
The favors are for my cousin's fiance (who I really don't know that well: but I am close to my aunt(his mother) so I volunteered.

Here are some more ideas:
spoons filled with candy and wrapped in tulle
chocolate dipped spoons
flavored tea bags with note "Love is Brewing"
packs of gourmet coffee with note "Love Roast"
cookie cutters with cookie recipe
paper fans
flower bulbs with note "Love Grows"
small watering cans or decorated mini terra cotta pots filled with flowers, seeds, candy, or a candle
hand lotion
bath salts
picture frames
sachets
magnets

Thanks to all for the replies.

I went with the Yankee Candles personalized With Best wishes and their names.

I am going to wrap them in tulle myself and add a bridal shower tag and a ribbon!!

It wasn't a bad deal if you wrap them yourself.
case of 24 personalized fragrance, label and message with tax and shipping was only $84.75 and they guarantee I will get them a full week before.

Yay, no HOT GLUE involved!!!!!

Once again, the DIS comes thru!! Don't you just love this website???

Donna

I see you already made a decision, but thought I would add mine anyways.

At my recent shower:

Center pieces were multi-plants in basket with mickey and minnie stuffed animals on spikes.

Favors were baking mixes (oatmeal choc.chip or strawberry shortcake) wrapped in mickey material with wooden spoon.
These were on the idea of the cookie-in-a-jar mixes just without the jar (in bags)

The tables looked great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter