Any ideas for beaches between San Diego and Anaheim?

DisSmis

Earning My Ears
We are driving from San Diego to Anaheim tomorrow and are looking for a few fun stops between the two cities. We have 3 kids, ages 5, almost 3, and 6 months and plan to leave San Diego about 9 and want to get to DLH at 2 for our cabana reservation :cool1:

Maybe Huntington Beach if you want to take them to the beach . Another stop might be Leggoland which is near Carlsbad. Based on our trips to the area if you want to be at the cabana by 2:00 I would just pick one stop.

It's less than a 2 hour drive. Personally, I'd rather just get to Anaheim and relax there than make stops and then show up rushed for time for the cabana reservation. If you leave at 9am, even with traffic you should be in Anaheim for lunch.

Carlsbad is on the way and is easiest to get to. The beach is very close to I-5. Very family friendly town and beach. Huntington is WAY out of the way. Other options would be Laguna or Newport Beach, but those are kind of difficult to navigate to.

The drive without stopping is close to 2 hours.

It does depend on driving time. Traffic can be horrible in the afternoon. It is a bit of a drive from the coastal to the inland area.

I'm always a fan of Big Corona in Newport Beach. It's lots of fun and just over some rocks (with stairs if I remember correctly) there's some "pirate caves."

In order, south to north:

La Jolla Cove-gorgeous
Laguna Crescent- beautiful, tide pools, shops
Newport
Huntington

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter