• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any Idea Why Disboards Slows My PC Horribly and Even Locks It Up?

Lothlórien

Living the Mouse Dream

When I am on these forums, my PC is suddenly crazy slow. Whatever I type in takes a long time to catch up many times, the fan on my PC starts running, Disboards locks up my entire PC and the only way to resolve it is to close the browser window with Disboards. When I use my work PC or my husband's (or even my kids) laptops, same thing.

I use a crafting application, no issues. I can have several windows open at the same time for email, Word, Cricut Design Space, Inkscape, Facebook and Wordmark with no issues. I open Disboards with nothing else open and it is constant lagging, delays, etc.

When I am on these forums, my PC is suddenly crazy slow. Whatever I type in takes a long time to catch up many times, the fan on my PC starts running, Disboards locks up my entire PC and the only way to resolve it is to close the browser window with Disboards. When I use my work PC or my husband's (or even my kids) laptops, same thing.

I use a crafting application, no issues. I can have several windows open at the same time for email, Word, Cricut Design Space, Inkscape, Facebook and Wordmark with no issues. I open Disboards with nothing else open and it is constant lagging, delays, etc.
Sadly, that's not an unusual complaint. They're always "tweaking" the boards and many times that means that things slow down.

Sadly, that's not an unusual complaint. They're always "tweaking" the boards and many times that means that things slow down.

Glad to know I am not alone. I actually have not read others mention it. I appreciate you sharing that with me.
I figure it it tracking bots or something on the page.

I've been having this issue a LOT lately, today's been horrible. This website is constantly freezing my browser, and I'm always getting those "script error" messages. It's getting pretty darn annoying. Would be nice if they could fix the issue.

I have also been noticing this. I scrolled down to the very bottom of the page and noticed two ads were running as videos. I have very fast internet, but this is slowing down the forums and sometimes freezing it. Sometimes it takes a long time to type or scroll. I have found that the forums run much better when I go down and push "pause" on those videos but sometimes there is no pause and other times it starts up again. When I change pages, I have to go down and stop it again. It does seem to be directly related to the ads running. I don't suppose they can choose what ads come up or choose only non video ones.

I suspect it's the video ads. They have popping up frequently lately and they seem to be slowing down my laptop. :( I don't remember having this problem until about a week ago, so I think it's relatively new and I'm not sure if the Dis realizes that this might be making it hard for us to read the forums.

Last edited:

I'm having the same script error problems. And now I'm seeing huge ads even on the mobile version on my iPhone. Even when signed in. Very annoying.

I think it's the ads. A lot of this started when the DIS started with the constant ads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter