Any idea when we can buy WDW annual passes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone Happens to know... since no annual passes avail, fla resident or otherwise.. if one purchased the fla 4 day can that be used as credit Towards an annual if they roll out before use? Or any option after first use? Such a waste for the four day when it’s an annual I’d prefer ..
We were able to use our unused ticket value towards our passes.

If anyone Happens to know... since no annual passes avail, fla resident or otherwise.. if one purchased the fla 4 day can that be used as credit Towards an annual if they roll out before use? Or any option after first use? Such a waste for the four day when it’s an annual I’d prefer ..
Twice in the past, we have upgraded those tickets to annual passes. For example, you use the four-day on Saturday and Sunday, then on Monday upgrade it to a weekday select annual pass.

Generally with Disney tickets, you can always apply the money toward buying something that costs more.

Hopefully the annual passes will return soon.

Our DVC gold passes expired Nov 19 and we were intending on purchasing new ones for an April '20 trip which was of course cancelled. We rescheduled several times and have called and emailed with no luck. The last email said in part: "
At this time, new annual pass sales are temporarily paused, however, current Annual Passholders may still renew their pass within the renewal window surrounding their current expiration date.

Walt Disney World® has said that they will start to sell them again at a later date but have not specified as to when that will be.

We truly do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience and understanding at this time. "

I remain cautiously optimistic that they will eventually sell them again, hopefully before our planned Nov. trip.
Its time to bring back DVC Gold APs!

Its time to bring back DVC Gold APs!

100% agreed. I was planning a Fall 2021 and a Spring 2022 trip, but I can't get a gold AP to facilitate that and Fall park availability is disappearing. When I called and asked "if I buy a regular ticket now to get my park availability scheduled, will I be able to apply that cost to an Annual Pass when they go back on sale?" and she said that it used to work like that, but she couldn't say for sure that it would in the future.

Now I'm considering canceling both trips and just waiting until 2023. Maybe Aulani would be a better use of my points right now...

Last edited:

Not sure why they don't allow new DVC Gold. It's a great stepping stone if they don't want to bring back APs full-steam right now and would help incentive direct purchase of DVC.
They don’t need to incentivize DVC sales right now, they’re gangbusters, both on the direct and the resale market. I’m honestly not sure why they would bring back DVC gold passes.

They don’t need to incentivize DVC sales right now, they’re gangbusters, both on the direct and the resale market. I’m honestly not sure why they would bring back DVC gold passes.
Which is so surprising to me. I was really expecting to be able to pick up some bargain resales! But the market went crazy!

So, the e-mail below was sent out to current AP holders and some are speculating that the bold paragraph below may be a hint that new AP sales will be starting sometime before August 16th. While I am not going to bet on this happening, any shred of hope at this point is welcome.

Rob

Dear Valued Passholder,
In March, we introduced Disney MagicMobile service, an easy, more contactless new way to enter the Walt Disney World® theme parks through the power of eligible iPhones, Apple Watch or Google Pay enabled Android phones!
As part of this new service, guests can choose from several Disney-themed MagicMobile Pass designs in the My Disney Experience app—and coming soon be on the lookout for new exclusive designs featuring Orange Bird and Figment just for Annual Passholders. As a reminder, valid park admission and a park reservation are required for park entry.
As more Passholders continue to discover this new option, we will no longer be offering complimentary MagicBands with Annual Pass purchases and renewals made August 16, 2021 and beyond. Annual Passholders will continue to receive a special discount on MagicBands purchased, with even more designs to choose from in the future.
Annual Passholders can continue to use current or newly purchased MagicBands, their Annual Pass Card or Disney MagicMobile pass during their visits. As a reminder, your Annual Pass Card and valid photo ID are required to receive your Annual Passholder discount at participating locations, whether using a MagicBand or Disney MagicMobile service.
As always, we thank you for being part of the Passholder family!
Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC

Last edited:
So, the e-mail below was sent out to current AP holders and some are speculating that the bold paragraph below may be a hint that new AP sales will be starting sometime before August 16th. While I am a not going to bet on this happening, any shred of hope at this point is welcome.

Rob

Dear Valued Passholder,
In March, we introduced Disney MagicMobile service, an easy, more contactless new way to enter the Walt Disney World® theme parks through the power of eligible iPhones, Apple Watch or Google Pay enabled Android phones!
As part of this new service, guests can choose from several Disney-themed MagicMobile Pass designs in the My Disney Experience app—and coming soon be on the lookout for new exclusive designs featuring Orange Bird and Figment just for Annual Passholders. As a reminder, valid park admission and a park reservation are required for park entry.
As more Passholders continue to discover this new option, we will no longer be offering complimentary MagicBands with Annual Pass purchases and renewals made August 16, 2021 and beyond. Annual Passholders will continue to receive a special discount on MagicBands purchased, with even more designs to choose from in the future.
Annual Passholders can continue to use current or newly purchased MagicBands, their Annual Pass Card or Disney MagicMobile pass during their visits. As a reminder, your Annual Pass Card and valid photo ID are required to receive your Annual Passholder discount at participating locations, whether using a MagicBand or Disney MagicMobile service.
As always, we thank you for being part of the Passholder family!
Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC

Things are turning around quick! I want to be super optimistic and believe they’re coming soon.

Me too! Going in mid-July and definitely want APs. I wish they would take my money. As an out of state AP holder, they make a lot more money off of me when I have an AP vs. without because we take a lot more trips.

Same here! We are DVC members with a mid-July trip planned. We went in October ‘20 and March of ‘21 buying tickets both times. If passes aren’t back in July, this will be a resort only trip for us.

I don’t think that email means anything for imminent return of APs. Annual passes, presumably, will return at some point, even if after August 16, at which time free magic bands will not be given out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter