Any idea when we can buy WDW annual passes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard/read pixie dust stories of pass renewals for those who had passes expire in January of 2020? We let ours lapse with the intention to start again summer of 2020 and it’s one of my biggest regrets. Haha

i know it doesn’t hurt to try, but I also don’t want to live in false hope.

Well, I called and only had to wait about 20 minutes on hold. A very helpful CM took my info and said they'd call me back. Said they're determining things on a case by case basis.

Has anyone heard/read pixie dust stories of pass renewals for those who had passes expire in January of 2020? We let ours lapse with the intention to start again summer of 2020 and it’s one of my biggest regrets. Haha

i know it doesn’t hurt to try, but I also don’t want to live in false hope.
I am doubtful that they will allow passes. I am in the exact same boat. Pass expired Jan 30 2020.

Well, that was fast. I got a call back just now and they told me that I do not qualify. That sucks. Now I'm totally kicking myself for not renewing in December. Sad face.

Can someone who received the callback let me know what number Disney called from? Id like to add it to my contacts so I don't miss my call.

Well, that was fast. I got a call back just now and they told me that I do not qualify. That sucks. Now I'm totally kicking myself for not renewing in December. Sad face.

You got a call back within the hour? I've been waiting a few weeks.

Per original post "Any idea when we can buy WDW annual passes?"
My guess.... never. A product is either for sale, or it isn't. If you can't buy it? It does not exist.

Short term stop gap renewals? Yes, this is what we have.

Per original post "Any idea when we can buy WDW annual passes?"
My guess.... never. A product is either for sale, or it isn't. If you can't buy it? It does not exist.

Short term stop gap renewals? Yes, this is what we have.
If they were getting rid of APs, why would they be doing renewals? They would have just gotten rid of it during the closure like Disneyland did.

Anyone think the announcement about vaccine availability bumping up sooner will make APs come back sooner rather than later?

Anyone think the announcement about vaccine availability bumping up sooner will make APs come back sooner rather than later?
Only if Disney thought they could make more money having APs than not.

In Disneyland, the answer was, apparently, "No."

Only if Disney thought they could make more money having APs than not.

In Disneyland, the answer was, apparently, "No."
Disneyland was in a situation where they had way too many passholders. They caused a ton of problems with crowd management and it was a disaster any time there was a drop of new merchandise or a new popcorn bucket. They chose to take this opportunity to reset the whole program which probably makes sense.

Disneyland was in a situation where they had way too many passholders. They caused a ton of problems with crowd management and it was a disaster any time there was a drop of new merchandise or a new popcorn bucket. They chose to take this opportunity to reset the whole program which probably makes sense.
Let's see what Disney decides to do here. Until they tell me that I can actually buy a pass, I'm not taking anything for granted (or granite, if I was a Jungle Cruise skipper.)

I haven’t read through the whole thread but can’t believe that they are denying people who call. Do we know what the criteria is? Any common reason for those who’ve been denied?

I assumed it was just a formality and they are just taking their time and allowing people back in who had them in the last year. Guess not.

We called last week and still waiting to hear. We had APs that expired August 2020, we took the refund during closure and then also just cancelled them in July 2020. I’m hoping we can get it back—if we can we will book a trip in spring. If we don’t have an AP then we won’t (mentioned that when we called initially in case that helped our case but it probably doesn’t matter)

I don't have a sense for how common monthly payments are/were. As out of state WDW pass holders that wasn't an option for us.
I seem to recall the payments were added because Universal had them. Disney does compete with Universal, especially for Florida residents. Maybe I am wrong on the timing, but that is what I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter