Any idea when Disney Dining Plan coming back to town?

HMANSION LOVER

PIN TRADER
I truly enjoy the convienence the DDP adds to my vacation experience. Any thoughts about when they will bring it back / have enough eateries open for reservations and such?

WDW is struggling with availability of the TS they have now. Until that opens up for more seating it will be awhile. If you go to the website right now there are 5 available times for 6:30pm today(3-13). Two of those are in a park so may require you to park hop and three were at 4:45 so rather early if you really want to eat at 6:30. While we know it's the start to a very busy week this was the situation we saw in January and February. They really need a few more restaurants to open.

I'm guessing fall at the earliest when attendance is up and all the restaurants are open.
We did it twice (when it was "free"). Not a fan. Didn't cover many restaurants we wanted to eat at, and had choices we didn't want.
Do I need/want a dessert with each meal? rarely. YMMV.

I expect that the "free" dining plan may be gone for quite some time. I wouldn't expect it to come back, if at all, until 2023.

The paid-for dining plan I expect may be back in late 2021 or some time in 2022, as the 50th anniversary celebration, the lifting of attendance restrictions, and the willingness of people to come to the parks, come together to drive Disney to open up the remaining dining venues.

They would need to open the park 100% in order to do the dining plan. They don't have the restaurants, servers or kitchen staff they need. The kitchen staff also need to be able to get closer to each other than six feet. They are social distancing in the kitchens now. Thus the limited menus.

I'm guessing fall at the earliest when attendance is up and all the restaurants are open.

IF attendance is up and all restaurants are open. We have seen nothing confirming that they are raising capacity OR opening more restaurants as of yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter