Any idea on when dinosaur ride is supposed to close?

Oh, don’t forget we get Henry singing Bare Necessities. That’s a fact.

AK is my favorite park. Whiling away the hour at Nomad—perfection.

One of my kids is insisting on riding it before close.
Nothing has been announced. No timeframes for any changes have even been floated.

HOWEVER, if indeed they have determined that SOMETHING is going to replace Dinosaur/Dinoland, and construction will begin within the next 2-3 years, there is always the chance the ride could close at any time. Especially if it is in need of maintenance.

As an example, they closed Primeval Whirl several years ago and nothing has been done with the space. The same could happen with Dinosaur. I don't think that is likely until they at least have a firm plan in place though. AK is a park in need of more to do, and Dinosaur is significantly more popular than Primeval Whirl.

But if it's a must they ride it one more time for sure, I would get there sooner rather than later, just in case.

Oh, don’t forget we get Henry singing Bare Necessities. That’s a fact.

AK is my favorite park. Whiling away the hour at Nomad—perfection.
AK is my favorite too. Love the music, the ambiance, and just being there.

My daughter cried actual tears when she heard about this- we love ourselves some Dr Grant Seeker.

Hoping they leave some fun Easter eggs if it is ultimately re-done into Indiana Jones.

I love DAK. I could easily spend an entire day there doing the safari a few times, checking out the gorillas, the bats, and the tigers, taking the train to Conservation Station and petting some sheep and goats, and just walking around and looking at all the fantastic architecture and plantings. Not to mention lunch at Yak & Yeti and FoP and NRJ and Pandora at night.

I did get my AP magnets at DAK last trip, but they hardly had to lure me there.

Wouldn't it be great if they actually spent money and made a legit Dinosaur area with a Velocicoaster competitor? Ah when Disney cared about keeping up...sigh. But I do love me some Dinosaur. Even the cheesy queue with the ketchup and mustard and mayo pipes running through the boarding area. Always loved that chiropractors dream come true!

I welcome adding a South American-themed land to AK, like Africa and Asia. I prefer retaining the Dinosaur Ride but enhancing it rather than cloning DL's Indiana Jones.

If CAPEX funds become too tight for a brand new land, I also like the Dinosaur theme land and wouldn't mind refurbishing the land in a similar scope to Disneyland's recent refurbishment of Toontown.

I love AK. I find it to be a relaxing day. So many cool, small experiences around that park. The entertainment is fantastic (if you slow down and take time to enjoy it) I love the walking trails, and I love the themeing of Pandora. The safari never disappoints, and we love Tiffins (Nomad lounge!) I think people forget that Disney is a Theme park. Not an amusement park. Slow down. and enjoy the small stuff.

I’d guess not until after D23 2024 and that’s contingent on if we get an actual concept or a third blue sky idea

This is still Blue Sky... no need to rush back. It'll be years...
Only problem with that theory is they already closed one of the three rides in Dinoland. No guarantee Dinosaur remains open until they finally make up their minds about they are going to do.

Now, you could argue they wouldn't leave Dinoland with only Triceratops Spin for any significant length of time. But I would argue that with today's Disney, you never know.

2026? D23 blue sky announcements are basically as accurate as Disney bus driver rumors or Disney chat CMs…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter