Any Holiday Flying Tips?

Candlelady

A dream is a wish your heart makes
This will be our first time flying for the Thanksgiving holiday. We're leaving BDL-MCO on the 21st, which is the day before Thanksgiving. Not sure what to expect in terms of crowds & craziness at either. We fly this route 2 times a year, but never for a holiday. What has been your experience?

If I have to fly around the holidays, I try and fly on the holiday itself. My experience is its a giant pain in my butt to fly the day before after. So I tend to be as patient as possible and to drink is much is possible to enjoy the experience, good luck :-)

Allow enough time to get to the as airport. are you driving? See if airport parking lots get completely full. Allow extra time at airport. Security lines can get long.

I agree with others to leave extra time. If anything happens with your flight, delays, cancellations, etc. make sure you call your airline while in line for the desk at the airport. You will likely get thru quicker than everyone waiting.

If I have to fly around the holidays, I try and fly on the holiday itself. My experience is its a giant pain in my butt to fly the day before after. So I tend to be as patient as possible and to drink is much is possible to enjoy the experience, good luck :-)
Wish we could, but driving to the panhandle so we've got a 6 hr drive after we land.

Allow enough time to get to the as airport. are you driving? See if airport parking lots get completely full. Allow extra time at airport. Security lines can get long.

Head to the airport at least an hour earlier than normal for the reasons mentioned above.
Thankfully we're getting dropped off 2hrs prior to boarding. We utilize the TSA pre check line.

I agree with others to leave extra time. If anything happens with your flight, delays, cancellations, etc. make sure you call your airline while in line for the desk at the airport. You will likely get thru quicker than everyone waiting.
Good idea!

I just saw a WDWNT headline that record breaking crowds are expected atMCO over the Holiday.
Expect massive delays.

I don't fly, but I would:
Arrive an hour earlier than you think you need to
Expect long lines for everything
Expect delays
Be prepared to be very, very patient
Be ready to contact your carrier and make new arrangements in case of delays/canceled flights/weather instead of waiting in line to do it
Be very, very happy if none of the above happen and you were extra early for nothing.

Two hours before boarding is...ok, but even with pre I’d go earlier than that for holiday travel. I despise being in a rush in an airport.

Airport is small when compared to MCO. Even if it's packed, I believe we'll be fine.

Arrive early
Bring: patience and Hand sanitizer.. then use it.
Safe travels.. you ll be at Disney.. it’s All Good :)

Just read Record numbers thru MCO expected, not surprising.

I’m debating whether to drop someone off at MCO on Sunday for their return flight or have them stick with ME?? Any thoughts anyone??
430 pm domestic flight, carry on and has TSA Pre ..
ME said 130 pick up... hmmmm
I’m thinking he should be earlier???
If I drive... from POFQ
anyone know fastest route, have toll thingy so that’s not an issue..
???

Just read Record numbers thru MCO expected, not surprising.

I’m debating whether to drop someone off at MCO on Sunday for their return flight or have them stick with ME?? Any thoughts anyone??
430 pm domestic flight, carry on and has TSA Pre ..
ME said 130 pick up... hmmmm
I’m thinking he should be earlier???
If I drive... from POFQ
anyone know fastest route, have toll thingy so that’s not an issue..
???

That doesn't seem early enough. And TSA Pre at MCO isn't always any faster. That seems like it's cutting it super close.

My worst line was not before the holiday it was after. I had an early morning flight the monday after thanksgiving about a decade ago, it was the most crowded I've ever seen our rinky dink airport (MHT). I thought I'd have time for a snack before getting on the flight, I didn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter