• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any Hints on When Haunted Mansion Will Go Down in January?

peeweehoo

Earning My Ears
My wife and loved it when we did a no kid trip last year and wanted to bring them out this time. I know there are plans to do a bigger refurb of the courtyard so I assume when they close it to undo the Holiday overlay (which we are totally okay seeing) they will take down the ride for a longer refurb. Has there been any release of those dates yet? Our trip will be the week of Jan 22-26 and I know every day matters but trying to link it to a business trip as well.

Thank you!

Before last year it always went down the day after the holidays ended, which would be 1/8 this year. Last year it was open longer and It’s a Small World went down the day after the holidays ended (that one usually stays open for a few weeks past the holidays). Hard to say what they will do this year with Splash still down.

My wife and loved it when we did a no kid trip last year and wanted to bring them out this time. I know there are plans to do a bigger refurb of the courtyard so I assume when they close it to undo the Holiday overlay (which we are totally okay seeing) they will take down the ride for a longer refurb. Has there been any release of those dates yet? Our trip will be the week of Jan 22-26 and I know every day matters but trying to link it to a business trip as well.

Thank you!
Not sure. With the Haunted Mansion garden expansion work expected to start in January 2024, it could be down longer than the normal 10 days for the holiday overlay removal. I suspect it will be down from January 8 to January 21. We shall see.

Not sure. With the Haunted Mansion garden expansion work expected to start in January 2024, it could be down longer than the normal 10 days for the holiday overlay removal. I suspect it will be down from January 8 to January 21. We shall see.
Ok Joseph821, I can handle the 21st and a few days past that but no more. 😉 You know that I will be there all week and I will even give up the HM as long as POTC is up and running. Keep up the good work!

Ok Joseph821, I can handle the 21st and a few days past that but no more. 😉 You know that I will be there all week and I will even give up the HM as long as POTC is up and running. Keep up the good work!
I don't think POTC will be down during your visit either!

My guess is that Mansion will go down on January 8. Usually I would say it only stays down 2 weeks or less, but whenever they choose to do extra work on it after the holiday it stays down longer. We don't know yet if they are doing extra work inside during/after removing the overlay or if the work they are doing in the area with the queue enhancements and the store add-on or even the Splash to Tiana's Bayou conversion will necessitate a longer closing.

My honest bet is that it might be down till March, depending on what structural changes are needed for the new queue and accessible entrance.

If the ride is going to be down for the queue rework, I’m going to guess it will go down after small world comes back up.

My daughter is getting married at the Grand Californian the last weekend in January and when we inquired about the possible park shoot and Mansion shots, we were told it would still be down on 1/27. You never know of course, but that's the info we got from our planner!

My daughter is getting married at the Grand Californian the last weekend in January and when we inquired about the possible park shoot and Mansion shots, we were told it would still be down on 1/27. You never know of course, but that's the info we got from our planner!
Thank you! That is very useful information!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter