Any happy surprising moments at WDW?

Disneywedding2010

DIS Veteran
Have you experienced anything at Disney World that was not expected and just made your trip that much more happy and full of pixie dust?

I was at Magic Kingdom with my fiance and two best friends back in February. We were in Toon Town in line waiting to see Mickey and Minnie. I was in my wheelchair and DF was pushing me. A cast member was walking through the line (I'm assuming to keep order) and saw us, unhooked the rope from the line, and asked us to follow her. She put us in the very front of the line.

Now, please understand I was not expecting this. I had no problem going through the line like everyone else. I actually was half paying attention when she walked up because I was talking with my best friend.

I wish I would of gotten her name because I would of gone to Guest Relations and left a nice comment for her. I now know that if something this generous happens again I need to get the CM's name and go to guest relations before leaving the park.

This will definately be a memory that I will never forget. My friends and I still talk about it.

Back when the double decker buses carried visitors around World Showcase instead of just being a character transport, my family decided to give it a ride around and went up top. A few minutes after we sat down, the couple we sat in front of tapped my mom on the shoulder. It was one of her friends from her work! They knew each other was going on vaction, but they didn't know where the other one was going. What are the odds they would run into each other on top of the double decker bus at Epcot?

Disney Magic sometimes works without any Disney involvment.

TL

A few things on different trips that made it special-The first time we rode w/the pilot in the front of the monorail. We didn't know that was a regular event at the time. We're so grateful now for having that experience, since I hear that they don't do it anymore..The first time we rode Soarin, when we got to the park it was a 70 min wait. A nice couple was leaving for the day and offered us their fast passes.. The last trip we were on a CM asked my DD10 if she had thought of working for Disney one day. She said she did, he had her come around the counter to ring me up on the register for a purchase I was making and gave her a little card that she was an employee. She LOVED it! pixiedust:

Ok so I have a couple. My dh and I were headed over to the FP machine to get some FP for test track, when we were approached by someone who offered us theirs. The other one, may not be magic for everyone, but it was for me. DH and I were waiting for a table at 50's Prime Time, he was especially Grumpy because the noise level was intense, a little girl stepped on our packages in the midst of a melt down, and well said meltdown was making him grumpy as well. Now let me just say that when my DH gets Grumpy he tends to stay that way for awhile, as he can't just let the incident go like I can. However, after about 5 minutes with our waiter at the PT he was Happy all over again, it was great....

Watching the MK fireworks from the GF pool on our last night. We got back to the resort later than usual after a fantastic (but hot and long) day in Epcot and DH and DS were pooped and didn't join DD and I for a swim. We unexpectedly were treated to a magical view of the fireworks right from the deep end. A great way to end the trip.

Years ago I was dating someone who was the definition of "misery loves company" most of the time. My parents surprised the two of us by sending us to Disney for a Christmas present. Even though he'd never been out of the state, he didn't care for the mouse house(putting it lightly). But, he was excited to go on a vacation...
Jump to first day of vacation...
Head to MK. He's already a little grumpy, and complaining, just getting off the bus and heading to the park entrance. In my head I'm thinking 'oh my lord! This man is going to ruin my Disney experience! I'm going to be in a living h*** for the next 4 days.'
Towards the end of the day we're walking through the path behind Toon Town to Tomorrowland and I saw him literally skipping! A 6'6 280 lb. man skipping in the MK! Nothing special had happened, no free stuff, just the magic in the air. That is my surprising moment.
We had the greatest time of our relationship there.

The relationship didn't last but, just knowing the Disney and the MK could turn even the most disgruntled man into a believer is something I will always remember!

Ok, my 30th birthday trip, Got into our room at BWV, and my fiance had sent a BEAUTIFUL tinkerbell bouquet of fuschia colored roses. Made me cry. Totally not expected. Then I got a "happy birthday" phone call from mickey and friends, again, totally unexpected. Very magical trip :lovestruc

Mine are both with WDW and DL but the ones I remember are...

On my first trip to DL, we stayed at a good neighbor hotel because we couldn't afford onsite and we left the park early because my feet were killing. While soaking our feet in the hot tub at our hotel, we looked up and saw the park fireworks perfectly!

My second trip to DL, DH proposed to me at Snow White's Wishing Well at Midnight :love:

On our honeymoon we were rushing to get to POTC first thing in the morning and in line we somehow got stuck in the middle of a tour group (non-english speaking). When we got to the CM, she had us board a different boat, then they launched both boats at once and we had our own private boat for our favorite ride. I thought for certain DH arranged it since it was our Honeymoon but he didn't.

I was there last week and my DBFF and I checked into dinner at 'Ohana and sat at the bar for a little bit. When the hostess took us to our table, we were put right at the windows looking toward the castle. It was dusk already and the castle was all lit up and beautiful and we were so excited to have one of the best seats in the house without asking for it!

Also, we were wearing buttons that said 30th birthday princess (we were there celebrating), and the cm for star tours closed the doors, did the whole safety announcement thing, then had the whole "spaceship" wish us a happy 21st birthday (including our names)! It was funny and sweet!

Come to think of it, a lot of little things like that happened during our whole trip, no wonder we didn't want to leave... :rotfl:

We were at Epcot last week and while standing in line waiting to get in, one of the castmembers came out and started to talk to everyone. It was only 8:30 and the park didn't open until 9:00. But he said everyone who was standing in line at that moment would be taken over to Soarin for a "before" the park opens ride. Well that made me jump and down, I was so excited. But even better yet, once the ride ended a castmember announce "wanna go again", everyone yelled and we rode it not only once more, but a total of three times without getting out of our seats. That was about the best Epcot experience yet!

Can't wait til next month...MNSSHP trip!

I went with my now (NEW) husband as friends...just friends...he was okay and nice to spend time with...yanno? We were standing at the Boo to You Parade and I glanced back over at him...there, shining out of his eyes...was a wonderfully excited 10year old boy totally enthralled with the Disneymagic.

I think that's when I first fell in love with him.

We got married yesterday.

awesome stories

Mine happened in Magic kingdom

DH and I were having a really hard time blending our families. He had a daughter who was 6, my daughter was not quite 3. It had been a very rough few months especially between my stepdaughter and I. We decided that a vacation might bond us a little. It was our last night and we were standing on main street USA watching "wishes". My dd3 was on dh's shoulders and dd9 was leaned up against me. DD3 looked down and said "mommy! Look at us! We are a family!" and we were. Things werent/arent perfect. But that trip is where it started to get better! 6 years later we leave tommorow evening, for what will probably be the last family trip before dsd16 leaves for college. I will never forget that our family was "born" in the glow of Disney magic!

I went with my now (NEW) husband as friends...just friends...he was okay and nice to spend time with...yanno? We were standing at the Boo to You Parade and I glanced back over at him...there, shining out of his eyes...was a wonderfully excited 10year old boy totally enthralled with the Disneymagic.

OK- that one got me. I had to wipe my eyes! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I had a very long year in 2000. My boss decided to send my husband and I to WDW on vacation in Jan 2001, on his dime, as a thank you.

It turned out to be the Platinum Plan with an MK view room at Grand Floridian Royal Palm Club. 8 days of it. We knew we were staying at GF but had no idea about the rest of it until we got there.

We are not planners but everything was done for us--spa treatments, golf tee times for my husband, etc. It was a great surprise.

First, CONGRATULATIONS!! :love: While I'm loving all of the posts on this thread, yours brought me to tears.

Secondly, RED FRAGGLE from "Fraggle Rock"? I love it!! You rock!

my boyfriend, a police officer, had his badge in his carry on bag that he accidentally left on the ME at 10:30pm the night we arrived. We called Disney every day, several times a day, looking for this bag with no luck. We even spent almost an hour at the ME desk in the airport on the day we left. NO luck. once home he finally had to tell his "upper management" that the badge was lost on vacation.(not a good conversation, i'm sure) Magically the same day he tells his boss, i receive a phone call from Disney that the bag had been found and was being shipped to my house FEDEX overnight! we are very grateful for that bit of pixie dust!

I will call it surprising. We watched Illuminations from right side of Italy and Wishes were at the same time. We actually could see both fireworks at the same time from this spot. Never saw this before, it was interesting and definitely surprising, something new.

My son was 4 at the time- his 1st visit. we were at the castle, right under the restaurant-outside- and an older girl- maybe 12 came over and touched my son's hand and said "hello friend" I looked at the mother and father- broken english- they did not speak great english but they knew what was happening. I teared, the mother teared, we hugged. Both of our kids had Down Syndrome. That little girl just came over like she knew us all her life.

Language barrier but we didn't even need to speak. i'll never forget it.:hug:

This happened on our first park day on this trip! We were at DHS and waiting for the Backlot tour... a CM came up to us and started talking to my son by name (his Mickey ears)... he was eating a lollipop and I know they had announced no eating but he is 2 and it was making him happy LOL I thought the CM was going to say something about the lollipop and I was prepared to just throw it out. But he just visited with the kids and made small talk.

Anyway he had pins and my daughter asked to trade. She picked a Minnie Mouse pin of his, who also had a matching Mickey with her (two separate pins). He mentioned that Mickey would be sad to be left and she offered to trade two pins so Mickey would not be sad ... the CM instead gave her his two pins for the one she traded! She was SO excited to have them both!

In July, we were on a boat from Fort wilderness back to the Wilderness Lodge, just me, DD and DGD. The fireworks at MK began, and while we had no music, the driver drove just slow enough that we got to experience the whole fireworks, like the special fireworks cruises. We couldn't have planned it out better if we had tried. Very magical and special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter