• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any good round steak recipes out there?

Pooh93

DIS Veteran
I have several of these in my freezer as we split a side of beef with MIL and I don't know any good recipes for them other than baking them. Any good ideas on different things to do with them?

FLANK STEAK MARINADE - from Boma at AKL

1/2 c Ginger
1/4 c Garlic
1/4 c Sugar
1/2 Tbl Cardamom, ground
1 Tbl Coriander, ground
1/2 Tbl Turmeric, ground
1 Tbl Thyme
1/2 Tbl Crushed Pepper
1 Tbl Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 c Soy Sauce, low sodium

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Add flank steak and marinate for 24 hours.
Note: Using 1/4 of the above measures was JUST enough to do 1.5 lb steak. It’s very thick, not like a “normal” marinade - more like a paste.

I would imagine it would be good done under the broiler, but we usually save this for the grill. Also, marinating the steak for 6 hours is okay. After 24 it's extremely flavorful! :D

I forgot to add that I beat the daylights out of the steak with the meat tenderizer before putting it in the marinade.

I like to cut mine up in pieces - not really small pieces although you could - put them in my crock pot in the morning with some salt, pepper, garlic powder and a can or two of cream of mushroom soup. Let cook on low all day (I put it in about 7am and when we get home at 5:30 or 6:00 it's ready). Make sure you cook it on low or the soup will burn. Then I serve either over noodles, rice or with mashed or boiled potatoes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter