• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any girls' trips on Disney Wish?

foolish-mortal

Your ghost host
I'm going with my mom, sister and sister-in-law in a few weeks. It will be all of their first time on DCL. We only have a few days and want to spend it relaxing and having fun. Not trying to do every single thing on the ship. But wondering if there are any ideas or suggestions for things to do on a girls' trip. I want to try the Bayou, Hyperspace Lounge and Nightengale's. Any other suggestions? I've never been on the Wish. I was a little bummed at first that this is the one that worked out for all of our schedules. I haven't read great things about the Wish and love the other ships. But now I'm really excited about it. It will be something new and looks beautiful. And I won't be surprised by some of the things that we may be disappointed by. Thanks!

Definitely try to book some time to sit in the Rose, during the day when you can actually see, and sit in front of the windows. We spent time there rather than at the sail away party (though your party might want to go to that - we've been many times, so we were fine to skip it) and stayed until we pulled away from port. If you can manage it, do the party then go up, get a drink, and sit in front of the windows as you pull out of port. There are floor-to-ceiling windows, and the view is fantastic. Order a glass of Moet & Chandon Ice Imperial (over ice with some berries tossed in).

If you can get up early enough, find out what time the Bayou opens in the morning and go down for coffee and warm beignets. We went there around 8 am one morning and we were the only ones there. Just lovely.

Definitely try to book some time to sit in the Rose, during the day when you can actually see, and sit in front of the windows. We spent time there rather than at the sail away party (though your party might want to go to that - we've been many times, so we were fine to skip it) and stayed until we pulled away from port. If you can manage it, do the party then go up, get a drink, and sit in front of the windows as you pull out of port. There are floor-to-ceiling windows, and the view is fantastic. Order a glass of Moet & Chandon Ice Imperial (over ice with some berries tossed in).

If you can get up early enough, find out what time the Bayou opens in the morning and go down for coffee and warm beignets. We went there around 8 am one morning and we were the only ones there. Just lovely.

Thanks! That sounds amazing. That's exactly what I was looking for and I never watch the sail away party. I wanted a beautiful, quiet place to watch as we leave port.

I loved sitting in Nightingales listening to the musicians. I was looking forward to the Hyperspace lounge but I found it too dark and a bit sterile. As others have said visiting the Rose is lovely. We had a nice drink with a group up there on our sailing. I liked the Bayou but it is more open and has more traffic so just be prepared. Make sure you go to the Atrium at midnight if possible for the kiss goodnight.

Wait, you have to make reservations for The Rose?
I think that was figurative. You just walk in (18+). I think the bar doesn't open until 5 pm but the area is open for you to go in even if the bar isn't open.

I find Nightingales to be the nicest venue on the ship. Nice music, etc.

Also, there is a great show in Luna I think on the first night called the Disney Victrolas or something to that affect. Great live music, can't recommend them enough!

I think that was figurative. You just walk in (18+). I think the bar doesn't open until 5 pm but the area is open for you to go in even if the bar isn't open.

OK, thanks. I wasn't sure since you do actually book some things. Was just clarifying that this isn't one you actually have to book.

If I bring a bottle of wine on board with me - would we be able to bring it up to The Rose during sail away if the bar isn't open then? Or can you only drink wine that you bring on board in your room?

If I bring a bottle of wine on board with me - would we be able to bring it up to The Rose during sail away if the bar isn't open then? Or can you only drink wine that you bring on board in your room?
You can bring a bottle of wine to dinner and pay the corkage fees. Otherwise, you have to drink it in your room. You can't bring it to any bar or on deck.

EDIT: in the Rose, they have the Sommelier Bin. It's previously opened bottles so it's whatever is available but you can sometimes get a really nice wine for a lower price. DH did that in the Rose and had a great Cabernet that he really enjoyed.

Last edited:
I haven't been on the wish specifically, but have been on the other ships and there is usually a champagne tasting around 2:30/3:00 on embarkation day (might be tricky to get to based on your port arrival time). My husband and I love doing it at that time because it is a really fun way to kick off the cruise! If it works out time-wise for you guys, I would recommend that!

My Mom and I did a girl's cruise last January on the Wish and had a blast! We met up with several of my other girlfriends on the same cruise (we love dressing pinup style together). If you look up my channel Anne in Wonderland on YouTube I vlogged the whole cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter