Any DVC members do Segway Tour?

Degli

DIS Veteran
Hey,
I was thinking of taking advantage of the DVC discount and doing the segway tour for my husband and I. Does anyone have experience in this? Looks like a lot of fun! Would my 39yo hubby enjoy it or would he think it's lame? He's pretty hard to please.

It was a blast! You "practice" riding the Segway indoors for about 45 minutes (I did the 8:30 am tour) and then you head back to World Showcase for the last part of the tour. We rode around in just about every country - weaving around Italy's marble columns; riding through Germany's train garden; through Japen's gardens and ponds. We made several stops so our guide could tell us about some of the little known details about Epcot and, we got some free time by the American pavilion to practice riding and to take pictures (your own camera).

When it was time to go back, we had to weave guests in Future World - they all waved - someone shouted "It's a parade" - we were in many vacation videos also!! We were given a special "pin" commemorating the tour.

I would highly recommend the tour!

Whether DH will think it's lame or not is your best guess. Has he ever been on one? My DH wasn't impressed because riders only get to use the black (slowest) key and he likes the red (fastest) key. ;)

I've booked it for our upcoming December trip. My DH is not excited about it and says he isn't going - but since it's already paid for, I'm "making" him go, LOL! I'll let you know how it goes. I'm looking forward to it!

If you decide to do it, book as early as you can - these are popular and tend to sell out fairly quickly. Call to see when your dates open. I was very surprised to find I could book this tour for December in July - you don't have to wait for the 90 day window!

Best wishes -

And I HAD to wait for the 90 day window. This was what I had been told in August at BWV guest service counter. Then I called the tour number when I got home and it was confirmed that I had to wait for the 90 day window. Maybe something has changed, but I did call and finally I was able to book.

My DH is pleased that we're going to do this!

Bobbi

bobbiwoz said:
And I HAD to wait for the 90 day window. This was what I had been told in August at BWV guest service counter. Then I called the tour number when I got home and it was confirmed that I had to wait for the 90 day window. Maybe something has changed, but I did call and finally I was able to book.

My DH is pleased that we're going to do this!

Bobbi
Maybe I just got lucky - I originally called the tour number just to get some info and the CM said I could book right away, so I did. (Booked the Yuletide fantasy Tour at the same time). Since Disney charged my credit card and the CM gave me confirmation numbers, we're all set.

Glad you got one even if you did have to wait.

Best wishe -

We did it last December, and it was a blast! I want to do it again this year! I even told DS I would give him a Segway tour if he could meet his goal weight.

poohj80 said:
Whether DH will think it's lame or not is your best guess. Has he ever been on one? My DH wasn't impressed because riders only get to use the black (slowest) key and he likes the red (fastest) key. ;)

How slow is slow? Do you have a guide with you the whole time? Does anyone have video of someone using the segway?

CarolMN said:
Maybe I just got lucky - I originally called the tour number just to get some info and the CM said I could book right away, so I did. (Booked the Yuletide fantasy Tour at the same time). Since Disney charged my credit card and the CM gave me confirmation numbers, we're all set.

Glad you got one even if you did have to wait.

Best wishe -

It seems to me that people have been able to book before 90 days. We had tried to book in November '04 for February '05, and I was told that they hadn't opened up the '05 booking yet, and that was within a 90 day period.

Last month I did the Seas Epcot Tour, snorkeling with a air supply, at the Living Seas and it was fabulous. I really enjoy booking these special tours. Enjoy the Yuletide fantasy Tour, I don't know much about it, and look forward to hearing your report!

Bobbi :flower:

It's a lot of fun!!!
I think we're the youngest couple during our trip and the older ones afterwards were talking about how to get one of those... hehe... I wish I have that kind of money to spare... :teeth:

I think the slowest was 5mph and the highest while we were there was 12.5.

Go have a blast!

DH and I did this last week and it was a BLAST! Yes, you can only go 5 mph but believe me, that seems fast if you've never been on one before. You do have 2 guides with you, one in front and one behind, who lead you throughout the World Showcase. At one point you'll get 5-10 minutes of "free time" within a restricted area. We had the maximum amount of 10 in our group. We also had a bit of Disney magic thrown our way when, during our free time, all of the characters came strolling out! Our guides managed to get them to pose with us - the first time it's ever happened, they said. It was SO much fun!

:paw:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter