Any DREAM Concierge Reviews?

Yes, you can order hot breakfast, and dinners in the Cat T's. For dinner the lounge will have all the menus for that day. You can pick which ever MDR selection you wish, and there generally are two times to pick from. Early or late. It will be a bit later than the start of the regular dinners (i.e., I believe it's 9:00 for late dining)

Yes, you can definitely order from the MDR menu to your room, as long as you have a dining table in your room, which I assume all the Cat T's have. I was disappointed to find out that it has to be after 6 (after the galley opens for dinner, duh), which did not help us in trying to get dinner done early. We ended up ordering room service, which I do not recommend.

Yay!!! :) Thank you so much for the good news!

We loved our January concierge experience on the dream. Amazing service, we got a lithograph, arcade cards, they were able to rearrange dinner at palo for us. Amazing. Don't let these peoples experiences deter you. You can pm me any questions you have.
Cheers

We loved our January concierge experience on the dream. Amazing service, we got a lithograph, arcade cards, they were able to rearrange dinner at palo for us. Amazing. Don't let these peoples experiences deter you. You can pm me any questions you have.
Cheers

When you say you got arcade cards, what does that mean? Sorry if that's a dumb question, but I've seen this mentioned before and I honestly don't know what it means!

When you say you got arcade cards, what does that mean? Sorry if that's a dumb question, but I've seen this mentioned before and I honestly don't know what it means!

Gift cards for the arcade, but with a certain amount of play time on them, not an amount of money.

Ah, so my game-loving nephew will have time gratis in the arcade? He'll be in heaven - he always wants to go in the arcades at all the resorts too. :rolleyes2 I'm not a big fan, so I try not to let him spend all his time there, there's so many other things to do!

Thanks for the answer! :)

I am doing concierge on the Dream in July.. when I first started this post, it sounded so bleak but the last few responses sound better :-)

My ? is once you board, do they lead you right to the concierge lounge or can you go after you eat lunch/have aquaduck time?

My ? is once you board, do they lead you right to the concierge lounge or can you go after you eat lunch/have aquaduck time?

We were taken right to the lounge to get all the info and meet the concierges. That said, as we were greeting our family (who was not staying in concierge) as the CM waited for us, they announced that rooms were ready, so we were boarding on the later side, and we really WANTED to get rid of our carryons at that point. :)

Those first hours of the first cruise are hectic and there's no way to do everything you want to do...

I am doing concierge on the Dream in July.. when I first started this post, it sounded so bleak but the last few responses sound better :-)

We sailed concierge on the Dream in September and had a fantastic experience! There's a link to my trip report in my signature. I can't imagine anyone being able to describe the experience as bleak. :confused3

We boarded right away and were taken up to the lounge with the other concierge guests who had been waiting to board. That worked well in our case because it wasn't quite 11:30 and we weren't ready for lunch. It also allowed us to take care of all our "housekeeping" issues right away. You don't have to go straight to the lounge, though. If you'd prefer to eat first, go ahead and do that and then visit the lounge. Or you could stop in briefly to drop off your carry-on bag(s) and then go to lunch.

Have a great cruise!

I did concierge on the Dream at Christmas. It was wonderful. Don't let the naysayers deter you.

And yes, they do whisk you straight to the concierge lounge when you board. I actually wasn't terribly thrilled with that because we had no time to take in the splendor of the lobby. First world problem, right?!

Everything we asked for or needed the rest of the time was taken care of by the A Team concierge staff or our wonderful cabin steward.

This vacation may have been my biggest splurge ever and I don't regret a moment or a penny.

Mokat76 said:
I did concierge on the Dream at Christmas. It was wonderful. Don't let the naysayers deter you.

And yes, they do whisk you straight to the concierge lounge when you board. I actually wasn't terribly thrilled with that because we had no time to take in the splendor of the lobby. First world problem, right?!

Everything we asked for or needed the rest of the time was taken care of by the A Team concierge staff or our wonderful cabin steward.

This vacation may have been my biggest splurge ever and I don't regret a moment or a penny.

Can you choose not to go directly to the lounge and opt for the lobby?

We are considering concierge but my kids saw how each family was introduced in the lobby. Do concierge guests not get that?

The other question I have for others who did concierge is did you do FE exchanges? I read that the doors are not the same so the magnetic decorations do not eork the same but not sure how FE works with concierge?

We are considering concierge but my kids saw how each family was introduced in the lobby. Do concierge guests not get that?

Yes you do! You get the opportunity for the embarkation photo and the being announced and applause.

I like going to the lounge right away as they will take your carry-ons. Since I prefer eating at The Enchanted Garden, it doesn't open until 12 PM anyway. So much easier to not have to drag carry-ons.

Do not do cl....I wish we hadn't ...now we are spoiled and only will sail cl. It is wonderful, no waiting in endless lines for check in or check out...the cl is a nice place to escape the insanity of the deck 11. It is a wonderful experience...we are deciding when to book again, and yes it will be cl now and forever. :cloud9:

What about people we are traveling with who are not concierge. Can they board at the same time and sit with us in the terminal?

What about people we are traveling with who are not concierge. Can they board at the same time and sit with us in the terminal?

We travelled concierge and my MIL was with us and didn't and they let her board with us but she was not allowed in the lounge.

The other question I have for others who did concierge is did you do FE exchanges? I read that the doors are not the same so the magnetic decorations do not eork the same but not sure how FE works with concierge?

You go through the lobby with the concierge CM. The little room in the terminal is just a little room. We didn't even wait there, just passed through it. Maybe this isn't normal, but we were brought through in our own line, did what I FELT was cutting in front of everyone for the pictures, and got on the ship with the name announcing thing (we have three different names in our family, we don't like the name announcing LOL). Saw our non-concierge-traveling family, talked with them as "our" CM waited, the announcement was made that rooms were open, we all went off.

FE is now different now, especially since the gates are gone from Dream. And even then people could ring the bell and get the attention of the lounge staff to help with the FE stuff. There are starfish hook things outside the concierge rooms on the Dream, so you can still hang it.

We travelled concierge and my MIL was with us and didn't and they let her board with us but she was not allowed in the lounge.

The lounge in the terminal or on the ship?

I know that non-concierge guest are not allowed in the lounge on the ship, but I've read mixed things about the waiting area in the terminal. When we were in the waiting area in the terminal in September, some people entered using an outside door. We weren't sure whether they were concierge guests but suspected they were not. They sat in the waiting area for 15-20 minutes, up until it was time for concierge guests to board. Just before boarding started, a CM came through and walked up to them and asked whether they were concierge guests. When they said that they weren't they were asked to leave the waiting area.

I think Rodrigo was on the Magic at one time, but we did not have the pleasure of his service. I always hear great things about Tawanda as well, but we've never met him either. I think it would be hard to find a crummy concierge, although I'm sure there are stories of some being just ok. Danny is a stand out to us. Love him! So are Julia, Kemisha, PJ, and Alice. We were so lucky to have Julia (again), PJ, and Kemisha on our Fantasy cruise in October, and even more excited we will see then again this October.

I think I could do a 3 night cruise in a non-concierge room (but try to upgrade at the port). But anything longer than that, I like my lounge, dinner in the room if I want it, and one stop shopping.

Rodrigo was on the Wonder this past week (we just got home), we didn't have him, but he was there! (I can't imagine there are two Rodrigos in concierge :-)

I think if there is one non concierge and the rest of the party is concierge you will be able to board together but non concierge are no allowed in the concierge lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter