• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any drawback booking jetblue through ebates ?

Dano1182

DIS Veteran
looking to book airfare from next trip.

Thinking of using ebates for cash back.Is there any issue booking that way as opposed to directly through Jet blue.?
Will I still get my jetblue points if I use the jetblue card?

looking to book airfare from next trip.

Thinking of using ebates for cash back.Is there any issue booking that way as opposed to directly through Jet blue.?
Will I still get my jetblue points if I use the jetblue card?
I always recommend buying directly through the airline. If there is ever a problem (either on your part or the airline's) that necessitates making a change, the airline is who you want to deal with, not a 3rd party discounter that will probably be more diffcult and expensive to make changes through.

Yes, on our last flight there was a couple that booked through a site like that and were upset that they could not sit together on the flight.

Book direct.

And you probably would not get your bonus points for paying your fare on your JetBlue card. Generally in order to get those bonuses you have to purchase direct from the airline.

Ebates. The cash back site? No issue, because you're linking to the actual JetBlue website through the ebates website. You will be booking directly with jetBlue. You will pay your airfare the way you normally pay.

Ebates does not sell any product or service. Users do not pay anything to ebates. Ebates does not accept any form of payment from any consumer.

Ebates. The cash back site? No issue, because you're linking to the actual JetBlue website through the ebates website. You will be booking directly with jetBlue. You will pay your airfare the way you normally pay.

Ebates does not sell any product or service. Users do not pay anything to ebates. Ebates does not accept any form of payment from any consumer.

I was just typing an identical message (pretty much at the same time you were replying).

I wanted to make sure we were correct, so I went to Ebates. It looks like JetBlue isn't actually one of the their partners. That means the only way to get cash back on a JetBlue ticket would be to book through an online travel agency like Expedia.

So, the initial question is a bit imprecise. But since it's not possible to book direct with JetBlue via an Ebates link, I think we'd all recommend avoiding any online travel agency. You may get a couple of bucks in cash, but the potential downside is far too great.

This exactly. I LOVE ebates for the cash back. Anything you buy, you are actually using whatever online retailer you're going through.

It looks like JetBlue isn't actually one of the their partners. That means the only way to get cash back on a JetBlue ticket would be to book through an online travel agency like Expedia.

Good call.

Agreed about how ebates (now Rakuten) works.

It’s like when you can click through kayak to get a deal. Well, except that kayak doesn’t share their pennies with you, but they do sometimes have deals when clicking through them.

It’s not like going through Expedia etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter