Any deals for Xbox 360 250GB or Kinect?

kellia

DIS Veteran
Are there any deals on the 250 GB Xbox or the Kinect to add to it? All I've seen is the 4GB with Kinect bundle. Thanks!

250GB Holiday Bundle* $199.99 at Best Buy - Friday 12:01AM
250GB Console $199.99 at Shopko - Thursday 9pm to Friday 12pm
250GB Holiday Bundle* $249.99 + Black Ops II - Friday** at GameStop

*250GB Holiday Bundle includes: Forza Motorsport 4 and Skyrim

** I don't have the full ad so I am unsure of the time but I know last year they had the sale from 5 a.m. until 11 a.m.

250GB Holiday Bundle* $199.99 at Best Buy - Friday 12:01AM
250GB Console $199.99 at Shopko - Thursday 9pm to Friday 12pm
250GB Holiday Bundle* $249.99 + Black Ops II - Friday** at GameStop

*250GB Holiday Bundle includes: Forza Motorsport 4 and Skyrim

** I don't have the full ad so I am unsure of the time but I know last year they had the sale from 5 a.m. until 11 a.m.

Last year this deal was available online at Best Buy on Thanksgiving day and on Friday. It included free shipping to home. I was also able to combine the deal with an online coupon they had and with the e-bates rebate. I think my final cost including shipping after discounts plus taxes was $189.

3boymthr said:
Last year this deal was available online at Best Buy on Thanksgiving day and on Friday. It included free shipping to home. I was also able to combine the deal with an online coupon they had and with the e-bates rebate. I think my final cost including shipping after discounts plus taxes was $189.

That is great news! Do you know what time Thanksgiving day the price will be offered. On their site it only mentions the deal for Black Friday. I didn't see anything about the deal being available online as well.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

That is great news! Do you know what time Thanksgiving day the price will be offered. On their site it only mentions the deal for Black Friday. I didn't see anything about the deal being available online as well.

IIRC I ordered it as soon as I got up on Thanksgiving. If this year turns out to be the same as last, you can get either the bigger hard drive OR the Kinect at the $200 price point. The Kinect is easier to add after the fact, and in a year my son has about 1/3 of the 250G hard drive used already.

Thanks for this info! DS has been saving to buy an Xbox and we said we'd match what he saves...but I'm thinking that I might just jump at the BF bundle special prices, since it is about what I anticipated our match price would be when we priced them out a few months ago!

So with the Best Buy bundle...we would need to buy a second controller right off the bat, right? (if we want to play two player games of course) Maybe I'll let him buy a second controller with his $ that he has saved.

*I* really am interested in the Kinect aspect, but I don't think he is as much...so I guess I'll just add that later if I want it...looks like that's around $100, are there ever any deals on that?

If two people want to play at once then you'd need to buy a second controller right away. The cautionary word I have about the second controller is to say - buy the name brand. As DS found to his regret the knock-offs don't work correctly with some games, especially the shooter games (i.e., Modern Warfare, Call of Duty, 007). Spend the extra $20 bucks to get the name brand.

I've not really seen too many deals on the Kinect alone. If your DS is a Tween/Teen in all likelihood, especially if he wants the more mature games the kids his age are playing, Kinect would be a waste for him.

My DS wants the Kinect but all I've seen are deals including the x-box. I was hoping for a Cyber Monday deal like $49 for the Kinect bundle. I still have to get some other games. Anyone heard of any deals on just the Kinect ? TIA :thumbsup2

Best Buy Silver Premiere members get previews today & can purchase Black Friday items online starting tomorrow at 11am. So if you know someone that is Silver Premiere maybe they can get it for you early.

If two people want to play at once then you'd need to buy a second controller right away. The cautionary word I have about the second controller is to say - buy the name brand. As DS found to his regret the knock-offs don't work correctly with some games, especially the shooter games (i.e., Modern Warfare, Call of Duty, 007). Spend the extra $20 bucks to get the name brand.

I've not really seen too many deals on the Kinect alone. If your DS is a Tween/Teen in all likelihood, especially if he wants the more mature games the kids his age are playing, Kinect would be a waste for him.

Thanks for the info! We learned the OEM lesson with Wii nunchucks. My DS is almost 9 and honestly wants an Xbox just so he can play Minecraft on it with other friends, but I know it will be something that will grow with him in years to come...and DH, well, I'll have to twist his arm to play stuff on it :laughing:

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup2 Our Xbox 360 is only a 2GB (about 8 years old) and on it's last legs. I know dh is always complaining about it running out of space due to the boys' Minecraft obsession, so guess I'd better get the big one. DD wants the Kinect with it to do the dance games.

My son just threw out this Christmas idea yesterday. He has given me absolutely nothing so far, so I'd love to pursue this further.

We have a Wii, and that came with everything you needed except controllers.

With the XBox that I saw on Amazon, it has a console, but lists the sensor separately. Do you need the sensor or will it work without. I find it odd that they are sold separately if they rely on each other.

Can you add memory, like on the Wii? I'm looking at the 4gb and see that it goes up to 250. With all four kids on our Wii, we've never needed more memory.

Other than a console (and maybe a sensor), and two controllers, is there anything else that is needed?

Thanks for any help. I'm new to XBox (obviously).

My son just threw out this Christmas idea yesterday. He has given me absolutely nothing so far, so I'd love to pursue this further.

With the XBox that I saw on Amazon, it has a console, but lists the sensor separately. Do you need the sensor or will it work without. I find it odd that they are sold separately if they rely on each other.

Can you add memory, like on the Wii? I'm looking at the 4gb and see that it goes up to 250. With all four kids on our Wii, we've never needed more memory.

Other than a console (and maybe a sensor), and two controllers, is there anything else that is needed?

Depending on their ages, you may want to get them a Xbox Live membership gift card. It allows them to play online with their friends. :)

DS10 has asked for this for the last 2 years. He has loved our wii and we've been debating on changing to the xbox since we don't think the wii will get used after that.

Now since wii U is coming out, I figure it's almost time since I assume original wii games won't be in production much longer. However, I see rumors that a new xbox version will come out in the next year or so.

Is anyone concerned that the xbox games will change over to a new version and the xbox 360 won't be supported long term?

I'd really hate to buy an xbox, hoping it would last through DS's teen years only to have it not be able to play any of the new version games. That happened when we bought him a DS, the XL came out shortly after so no new games can be played on his old system.

Memory is entirely different from the Xbox to the Wii. On the Xbox it is very much like a hard drive and you need it for game profiles, expansions, and a lot of routine-use things that don't come up on the Wii. I would never recommend the 4gig Xbox - my son used up that much memory in the first month he had his! You can add it but it isn't cheap like popping an SD card into the Wii, you have to buy an Xbox specific external drive.

The sensor on the Xbox is separate because the Kinect was developed after the console had already been introduced, rather than having the motion-detection play built in like the Wii does. Most Xbox games don't use the sensor and those that do are clearly labeled as being for the Kinect, much like you find with the Wii and the balance board.

If you want the kids to be able to play online, you'll want to look into an Xbox Live Gold membership. There is a family membership available if multiple profiles are important to you, which might be the case if you have more than one "serious" gamer in the house. We do fine with just one membership because my son is the only one playing the online-heavy games like Black Ops and Halo - the rest of us just log onto his profile if we want to use an online feature like Netflix but don't need our own.

Black Friday prices are available online now. I just ordered am Xbox 360 bundle!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter