• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any croc fans here?

MateasMom said:
Can I be a nerd really quickly and just point out that it's important to watch out on escalators in these shoes. Appearantly there have been a number of accidents. Something about the way the shoe is made (the holes I think) getting caught on the escalator. I saw a sign up at the American Girl place that prohibited people with 'Crocs and like footwear' from riding on the escalators, directing them to the elevator. I asked a sales girl and she said they've had quite a few Crocs stuck in escalators, and while they haven't had any human injuries at AG locations that there have been many cases elsewhere. I thought that was weird, but looked it up and saw that this really was a concern and has happened many, many times (enough so that if I recall correctly Crocs has issued a statement also discouraging escalator use).

Anyways. Today I saw a similar sign at Sears, so I think it may be a legitimate concern. If nothing else, it reminded me that we have to be careful on escalators. Even in 'regular' shoes, look down to make sure everyones shoes are tied and all that jazz.

Anyways. Nerd report over. Back to the Croc talk ( :rotfl2: )

Thanks for sharing the info. I think everyone should be careful when riding an escalator....no matter what type of shoes one is wearing :thumbsup2

I ordered my Disney crocs on Tuesday this week. Got them on Friday...wanted them for my trip to DLR on Tuesday next week! They are awesome! crocs.com is also selling them, same price. I paid extra for 2 day shipping so I coudl have them for my DL trip :teeth: My DH thinks I'm a nut, but he puts up with me anyway :love:

Also...I read the problem with crocs or croc-like shoes on escalators is something with the material they are made of and standing too close to the edges (where the furry brush things are by the escalator walls) and the shoes heating up and melting. Keep your feet away from the edges!

My Disney RED Crocs were delivered today. Got them off of Ebay for $35 shipped! They are a little bright but I just LOOOVE them. I won't do DL again w/out my Crocs. They are so comfy....can't wait for Dec 16th!!!

I'm planning to order the pink ones. My boyfriend asked me: "Why would you buy shoes with mickey-shaped holes in them?" :rotfl:

zandjmom said:
My Disney RED Crocs were delivered today. Got them off of Ebay for $35 shipped! They are a little bright but I just LOOOVE them. I won't do DL again w/out my Crocs. They are so comfy....can't wait for Dec 16th!!!

I will have an eye out for your Red crocs because I will be there too :banana: :banana: :banana: :dance3: Sooooooooo excited.

I have a couple of questions. I've been wanting to try Crocs, I only wear sandals and have heard these are so comfortable. My youngest DS also prefers sandals, but I'm nervous about ordering them online and him not liking the way they feel. Does anyone know the return policy? Does anyone have kids that think these are comfortable shoes?

mAlien13 said:
I have a couple of questions. I've been wanting to try Crocs, I only wear sandals and have heard these are so comfortable. My youngest DS also prefers sandals, but I'm nervous about ordering them online and him not liking the way they feel. Does anyone know the return policy? Does anyone have kids that think these are comfortable shoes?

I absolutely love my Crocs flip flops. It was money so well spent for me. I wore them all through Disneyland and my feet never hurt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter