Any crew members on here? Pixie dust

Delrea

Mouseketeer
Edit: I always bring extra paper to attach to the cards at the end of the cruise to praise the crewmembers. We also tip well.

Hello, of there are any crew members on here I'd love to ask you about pixie dust that you like to recieve!

I'm asking more as in handing out to random crewmembers we come across :)

Last edited:
My sister works on DCL, and I can say with certainty that the absolute best pixie dust you can give any crew member is to mention them by name on the survey and/or fill out a card at guest services and/or write DCL to praise them for something they did. That recognition goes into their files and is instrumental for things such as additional time off, raises, promotions, and even contract renewals. Stuff far more valuable than candy they may not be able to eat or trinkets that they have no room for in their tiny shared quarters.

For your stateroom host you can give them some time off from telling them your room is good no need to come tonight.I just tell them just give me the navigator and I’m good.

For random cast members as another person has said mention them and telling dcl what they did that was special.

Last edited:
Run-on sentence, sorry.....What about that random person we see cleaning the deck or painting the railings, is there anything that we can give them that would make their day since we probably will not know their names and thus will not be able to write positive comment cards about them to be placed in their folders.

Run-on sentence, sorry.....What about that random person we see cleaning the deck or painting the railings, is there anything that we can give them that would make their day since we probably will not know their names and thus will not be able to write positive comment cards about them to be placed in their folders.

You can always ask their name. My mom did that on the Magic for the crew member cleaning the restrooms close to the theater because she was so friendly and helpful. She then went to guest services and got a card to fill out and turn in. They will all have name tags on, and if you have an interaction with them special enough to give them "pixie dust" (which they wouldn't have anywhere to put anyway while they're working) you should be able to see it. If for some reason you cannot (I guess maybe a wet suit doesn't have a place for it?) and you're already interacting with them, just ask their name.

We had a CM come up to us in Cabanas on embarkation lunch in Alaska. We were playing around with the napkins we had used from our lunch. He spent the next 10 minutes showing us how to fold napkins in all sorts of fancy shapes. It was great and a great way to start our vacation. Made note of his name and mentioned him specifically on our comment card. Hope he gets a special treat!

My sister works on DCL, and I can say with certainty that the absolute best pixie dust you can give any crew member is to mention them by name on the survey and/or fill out a card at guest services and/or write DCL to praise them for something they did. That recognition goes into their files and is instrumental for things such as additional time off, raises, promotions, and even contract renewals. Stuff far more valuable than candy they may not be able to eat or trinkets that they have no room for in their tiny shared quarters.

I echo this statement, a positive mention is worth more than candy, they are rewarded with recognition events. A BBQ on the crew deck is one such event that I saw.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter