Any cheap grocery stores? Or should I just go 2 Walmart Supercentre?

teamaaron

Aladin, my boy. Poor but got the girl of his dream
Hey guys,

I'm staying in a condo while im visiting, should I just go to walmart or is there a cheaper grocery chain around? Walmart seems to have everything I need.

As well, I plan on buying two beach chairs and returning them when i'm done, do walmarts usually stock those?

i would never go to that Wal-mart ever again, it was a zoo and I dislike Wal-mart anyway, I had never bought groceries at one before . I will always order on-line and pay the extra cash happily

i would never go to that Wal-mart ever again, it was a zoo and I dislike Wal-mart anyway, I had never bought groceries at one before . I will always order on-line and pay the extra cash happily

great. So where would YOU go for groceries than?

Hey guys,

I'm staying in a condo while im visiting, should I just go to walmart or is there a cheaper grocery chain around? Walmart seems to have everything I need.

As well, I plan on buying two beach chairs and returning them when i'm done, do walmarts usually stock those?

I'm sorry, did you say you were going to use something for a week and then return it?

Is the condo you are renting furnished? Most of them around here are. And you can rent beach chairs at the various beaches.

We are also renting a condo, and I am also interested in what stores people prefer? I hate our Walmart here, so really don't want to go there. We are staying at Cypress Pointe Grand Villas. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

I'm sorry, did you say you were going to use something for a week and then return it?

Is the condo you are renting furnished? Most of them around here are. And you can rent beach chairs at the various beaches.

I was thinking the same thing. The store cannot resell it if it has been used, so they are out the cost of that product. This drives up costs for everyone, like stealing does.

Hey guys,

Publix is pretty affordable and close to the resort areas. Winn-Dixie is another. Stay away from Goodings if you're trying to save money. They have a reputation for being overpriced.

Good luck. I hope you rock this vacation hard!:hippie:

Depending on what you're looking for, Publix can have some really good deals especially on their bogo sales. Otherwise, I would stick with Walmart or the SuperTarget. I would shop Target before Walmart.

That being said, I would never buy a chair, use it for a week, then return it just because.

Depending on what you're looking for, Publix can have some really good deals especially on their bogo sales. Otherwise, I would stick with Walmart or the SuperTarget. I would shop Target before Walmart.

That being said, I would never buy a chair, use it for a week, then return it just because.

And, the Publix chain has stores close to the theme parks. Is the OP going to buy beach chairs and then return them after using them? :confused3

Hey guys,

Why dont you borrow chairs?:sad2:

When we stay off-site, we usually shop at the Super Target. It's a pretty new store and usually has good prices for the things we need.

Teresa

When we stay off-site, we usually shop at the Super Target. It's a pretty new store and usually has good prices for the things we need.

Teresa

My next question is, how late does Super Target or Publix stay open? Our plane comes in around 8:45, and we'll want to make a short stop for milk/breakfast stuff.

Really? Beach chairs are pretty cheap. Do you really want to waste time on your vacation scamming the system by making this return? Why not just leave them at the resort for the next folks and consider them a cheap rental.

There are Costcos and Sams Clubs all over Florida. That's where we stock up when we have an active membership.

Sheila

Hey guys,

OP: It is not cool to return used merchandise.

Hey guys,

:eek::eek: I kinda don't even know how to respond to this one...I'm tired tonight and can't decide if this is a joke, or for real. :surfweb:

Hey guys,

Really, if the price of 2 beach chairs is not in your budget then you need to use beach towels or just stay home. Theft (and that is what this is) is not the way to do vacations. Walmart cannot resell used chairs, even if they do take them back, and so that cost is passed on to all consumers. Somehow though I do not think you even care. There is frugal, there is cheap and then there is you.:confused3 Really, if this is not a joke I have no words.:mad:

Really, if the price of 2 beach chairs is not in your budget then you need to use beach towels or just stay home. Theft (and that is what this is) is not the way to do vacations. Walmart cannot resell used chairs, even if they do take them back, and so that cost is passed on to all consumers. Somehow though I do not think you even care. There is frugal, there is cheap and then there is you.:confused3 Really, if this is not a joke I have no words.:mad:

I agree.....hopefully this is a joke [troll], but if it isnt I really dont want to be buying 2nd hand stuff after you use it.
Really people, how cheap can you be??
If you are that broke, dont travel...put your money towards things you can afford.

If you are serious about the beach chairs I am blown away that you would admit that on here. If it is a space issue because you are flying why don't you share some pixie dust and give the chairs to another family when you are done? :confused3

The WalMart off I4 on Turkey Lake Road is a good WalMart that I have never seen crazy. Whenever we head to Disney i always hit them up for our groceries because it is beyond less busy than our local WalMarts (about 30 minutes further down I4). It is a large store and I never find that it is too crowded even on weekends.

My second choices are Target and Publix. Their costs can be about the same and both can run some good deals. I love Publix's buy one get one deals sometimes. :thumbsup2

Wow, when the Budget Board folks think you are cheap, that really says something.

:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter