any changes i should know?

Possibly no late-night buffet on Pirate Night.

It was always inconsistently offered even pre-Covid. Only offered on about half of our cruises over the years

On January 30, it was downstairs, right before the security check. Then you go up the escalator and wait for your boarding group to be called.

We must have been on the same sailing! As you enter the building, they split you off into Platinum and Gold/Silver. There's no counter, just little computer stations set up. They check your passports, scan the QR code on your documents and then you head through security and go upstairs. Good news is that there are now far more seats in the main area upstairs because they've got more room with the check-in being at the entrance.

We sailed on the Fantasy and Dream in March and June and had no dedicated adult area host, but we were actual lucky enough to have one on the Magic in October. Her name is Tisa and she was fantastic! So much so that I'd book another cruise just to see her again! Maybe it depends on the ship?

We love Tisa! Shes a long term Club Host as we have had her as far back at 2002, and a handful of times since. I'm wondering if they can't "demote" her so to speak as she has had the title of Club Host for so long. In fact we had her on our last precovid cruise 8/19 on the Fantasy. She's great for the job! IMO, having 1 dedicated host really adds to the camaraderie in the clubs and makes for a more memorable experience.

On the Dream last February we sort of had a Club Host, Lindsey. In talking to her we found out she convinced them to let her do all the adult nighttime stuff, however she was not given the title of Club Host. She did great but I got the impression that was a 1 time thing.

We love Tisa! Shes a long term Club Host as we have had her as far back at 2002, and a handful of times since. I'm wondering if they can't "demote" her so to speak as she has had the title of Club Host for so long. In fact we had her on our last precovid cruise 8/19 on the Fantasy. She's great for the job! IMO, having 1 dedicated host really adds to the camaraderie in the clubs and makes for a more memorable experience.

On the Dream last February we sort of had a Club Host, Lindsey. In talking to her we found out she convinced them to let her do all the adult nighttime stuff, however she was not given the title of Club Host. She did great but I got the impression that was a 1 time thing.
I agree about the consistency! On our Fantasy and Dream cruise earlier last year the adult evening activities just weren't that great, and we never knew who we were going to get. Some hosts just aren't as great as others, but we kept going back to do adult activities on the Magic just because of Tisa. Her energy and humor packed the lounges and made everything much more fun! I was hoping we'd get lucky and they'd move her over to the Fantasy for our August sailing this year. :laughing:

I agree about the consistency! On our Fantasy and Dream cruise earlier last year the adult evening activities just weren't that great, and we never knew who we were going to get. Some hosts just aren't as great as others, but we kept going back to do adult activities on the Magic just because of Tisa. Her energy and humor packed the lounges and made everything much more fun! I was hoping we'd get lucky and they'd move her over to the Fantasy for our August sailing this year. :laughing:

I'll hope with you! We too are sailing on the Fantasy in August. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter