Any chance of burn ban lifting?

Sunshine873

Earning My Ears
We are at the Fort now (loving it!) With all the rain over the last few days, does anyone know if there is talk of the burn ban being lifted? We are leaving on Tuesday, and are desperately hoping for a chance at s'mores at the campfire. :)

1) The "rainy season" in Florida got here three weeks later than expected.
2) All the current rain is good, but we need some time to change the dry conditions.
3) It is ONLY A GUESS, but I would think 2-3 more weeks of rain will make enough moisture to allow fires.
4) Remember, this is only a personal guess . . . I hear no rumors (yay or nay) as to a change in the fire bans.

NOTE: It would certainly be nice to have "campfire smores", but fortunately, this is not a vacation killer.

FYI, Fire ban was lifted the other day.
Yea! Glad they did not wait for the next "Anticipated" seasonal outlook.

Indeed the ban for Osceola County has been lifted. (see attached Burn Ban Map as of June 8 2017)

Attachments

• county_burn_bans_map.pdf
    523.6 KB · Views: 4
Glad I checked got the grill and a bag of charcoal ready to load leaving in the am. Also my cardboard box oven. Pineapple upside down cake Saturday night

I'm glad the daily downpours we had last week while we were there helped someone. Make S'mores for us! Thankfully, our tent stayed dry but we did miss many "camping" activities that were cancelled for rain. We kept thinking maybe one night will be dry enough to grill out or see chip n Dale. Not to be. Rained whole way home too. We joked it must be us.

I'm glad the daily downpours we had last week while we were there helped someone. Make S'mores for us! Thankfully, our tent stayed dry but we did miss many "camping" activities that were cancelled for rain. We kept thinking maybe one night will be dry enough to grill out or see chip n Dale. Not to be. Rained whole way home too. We joked it must be us.

Us too. :( I understand the rationale and completely support the burn ban, but it's still disappointing. We did get to see Chip & Dale, sing-a-long, and even made it to the beach to watch the fireworks and electrical parade one night. But...the rain ended just in time and we had wet seats everywhere we went. Still fun! And more on the bright side...it did help us decide to save one day from our park hopper tickets to come back in October. :) Hopefully the weather cooperates and we get to have a campfire next time!

Thought it was US! It started raining as soon as we got the popup set up (saturday 6/3) and rained until thursday night (6/9). Friday was nice and hot and the kids finally got to swim. Camper stayed dry but the moist conditions did wreak havoc on our electrical system. Just the 12 volts for the lights, they kept flickering. Still had fun, wish we were still there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter