Any anticipation of Wish doing longer sailings?

Does anyone think the Wish will start doing longer sailings in the future? Maybe after the Treasure starts sailing?
Certainly possible but the money is in the shorter cruises, especially 3 and 4 days. With a 7 day you sell one Tee shirt. With 3 and 4 day cruises you sell two.

Next few years, I don’t think so. There still are veterans who haven’t cruised the Wish - and it seems to be pulling in new cruisers.

Their formula started as 3- or 4-night cruise from PC to package with WDW vacation. I think this is their bread and butter. It really does better with a newer ship. The Treasure or Triton 3 can handle 7-night runs.
Just depends on what they do with Triton 3 - and when they sell the Magic (yes, my current line of thought).

I wouldn’t be surprised to see short cruises from both PC and Port Everglades, sort of returning to their origins. You can price it higher on a per-night basis, without creating sticker shock for total cruise cost.

But eventually, switch out the Wish for one of the newer two. They do mix things up, as needed (or whatever whim or reason they use).

Last edited:

No one knows which ship will do their mandatory 3/4 Bahamian sailings once Treasure starts sailing. As another has said, DCL has a legal obligation that requires them keeping that schedule for the time being both towards PC port but also the Bahamian government.

However, my best guest is that Treasure will sail out of PC, either on the 7-nights cruises or the 3/4 since it requires a LNG facility to fuel, like Wish but unlike the other ships in the fleet. I haven’t read about Miami or Port Everglades updating their fuel services to LNG yet.

Someone posted recently the port schedule that shows the Treasure in Cozumel late November. So most likely Treasure is doing the longer 7 night sailings so I'd assume the Wish will keep the 3/4night.

Honestly, I was really surprised they didn't move the Wish to the 7 nights and put the Treasure on the 3/4 night sailings but that's obviously well above my pay grade LOL! It's hard to say how long they'll be doing the 3/4 night sailings. Lots of changes going on right now with ports (i.e. Port Everglades), wonder expanding to Australia, plus these new ships. A third triton class ship should be coming out in 2025 which could shake things up even more.

Moral of the story, who knows. Disney is shaking up the business model moving from 4 ships to 8 ships in a pretty short period of time (including the Singapore ship) and expanding their ports of call so lots to consider still for them and no way we can predict. Its going to vary a lot based on if they decide to move a second ship to the West Coast, what happens with the Magic and if they retire her (or the Wonder for that matter), etc.

However, my best guest is that Treasure will sail out of PC, either on the 7-nights cruises or the 3/4 since it requires a LNG facility to fuel, like Wish but unlike the other ships in the fleet. I haven’t read about Miami or Port Everglades updating their fuel services to LNG yet.
I believe that LNG service is already available at bot Miami and Port Everglades.

I’m seeing multiple comments about retiring/selling the Magic, and I just have to say as a total ”completionist” that I’m happy we chose to sail the classic ships first! (Just finished our Alaska sailing on the Wonder, sailing the Magic next May). 😂

More seriously, though, the Wonder is still in fantastic shape (I had no complaints - hoping to have a similar experience on the Magic!). Hopefully by the time we’re ready to complete our “collection” the new ships won’t be quite so expensive! (My husband is already asking “what do we get when we’ve sailed all the ships? Is there a special pin or something?”)

No one knows which ship will do their mandatory 3/4 Bahamian sailings once Treasure starts sailing. As another has said, DCL has a legal obligation that requires them keeping that schedule for the time being both towards PC port but also the Bahamian government.

Miami hasn't upgraded nor has Port Everglades. It's a considerable effort to even get to barge refueling, much less to pierside

Next few years, I don’t think so. There still are veterans who haven’t cruised the Wish - and it seems to be pulling in new cruisers.

Their formula started as 3- or 4-night cruise from PC to package with WDW vacation. I think this is their bread and butter. It really does better with a newer ship. The Treasure or Triton 3 can handle 7-night runs.
Just depends on what they do with Triton 3 - and when they sell the Magic (yes, my current line of thought).

I wouldn’t be surprised to see short cruises from both PC and Port Everglades, sort of returning to their origins. You can price it higher on a per-night basis, without creating sticker shock for total cruise cost.

But eventually, switch out the Wish for one of the newer two. They do mix things up, as needed (or whatever whim or reason they use).
Is it really possible that they'll sell the Magic? I'd been thinking about the life span of these ships recently, and surely there must be a functional age window for a cruise ship. But the Magic (& the Wonder) seem to be incredibly popular ships, and their size appears useful for particular itineraries (Alaska, Europe). And given Disney seems to be building bigger ships these days, I'd worry a lot of sailing options would be lost without the smaller ships.

Someone posted recently the port schedule that shows the Treasure in Cozumel late November. So most likely Treasure is doing the longer 7 night sailings so I'd assume the Wish will keep the 3/4night.

Honestly, I was really surprised they didn't move the Wish to the 7 nights and put the Treasure on the 3/4 night sailings but that's obviously well above my pay grade LOL! It's hard to say how long they'll be doing the 3/4 night sailings. Lots of changes going on right now with ports (i.e. Port Everglades), wonder expanding to Australia, plus these new ships. A third triton class ship should be coming out in 2025 which could shake things up even more.

Moral of the story, who knows. Disney is shaking up the business model moving from 4 ships to 8 ships in a pretty short period of time (including the Singapore ship) and expanding their ports of call so lots to consider still for them and no way we can predict. Its going to vary a lot based on if they decide to move a second ship to the West Coast, what happens with the Magic and if they retire her (or the Wonder for that matter), etc.

I am not surprised the Dream started as 3/4 and stayed 3/4 night and then the fantasy started with the 7 night ones.

Sailed the Wish a couple of weeks ago. CM's said rumors going around was that the Wish takes over the Fantasy. It's a guessing game. Time will tell. We enjoyed the Wish. 4 days is not a long enough cruise for us so a longer cruise would be great but we're tired of the St. Thomas/Tortola itinerary.

I am not surprised the Dream started as 3/4 and stayed 3/4 night and then the fantasy started with the 7 night ones.
That was very different going from 3 ships to 4 versus 5 to 6. DCL found how popular of a booking the Wish was. It was a big draw for new people but then seasoned DCL sailers also came back and were booking it. DCL makes way more money off shorter sailings plus with the hype of the Wish those cruises were pricey compared to the other ships doing the same itinerary. Business wise it would have made more sense to put the Treasure on the 3/4 night and move the Wish to the longer sailings.

So yes if they follow the same as they did with the previous ships you'd expect Treasure to be on the longer sailings. BUT if they're looking at it as a business standpoint it'd be better to do the opposite.

Sailed the Wish a couple of weeks ago. CM's said rumors going around was that the Wish takes over the Fantasy. It's a guessing game. Time will tell. We enjoyed the Wish. 4 days is not a long enough cruise for us so a longer cruise would be great but we're tired of the St. Thomas/Tortola itinerary.
The Treasure is taking over for the Fantasy. It's basically confirmed with the Cozumel port schedule showing the Treasure there every other week starting in Nov/Dec 2024. The Wish and Treasure will be like the Dream and Fantasy out of PC. The question is what will the Fantasy do? Move to the everglades full-time? Do new itineraries? That's the question now.

The Treasure is taking over for the Fantasy. It's basically confirmed with the Cozumel port schedule showing the Treasure there every other week starting in Nov/Dec 2024. The Wish and Treasure will be like the Dream and Fantasy out of PC. The question is what will the Fantasy do? Move to the everglades full-time? Do new itineraries? That's the question now.
That was just changed back today to show the Fantasy in Cozumel. Not sure if it was an error on someones part or DCL not wanting it listed until the Treasure is announced but its gone now.

That was just changed back today to show the Fantasy in Cozumel. Not sure if it was an error on someones part or DCL not wanting it listed until the Treasure is announced but its gone now.
My guess is it's Disney keeping it hush-hush. Why else would the Fantasy stop doing 7 night cruises in Dec 2024...

The Treasure disappearing again is true to typical DCL fashion. In the past whenever we found a port schedule in Europe or somewhere else interesting showing a DCL ship, once that got a lot of attention on social media that port schedule was changed to TBD. Often the ships still had the same passenger numbers etc. Since it was not just one port making up that the Treasure was going to come, I am quite convinced that the Treasure is booked to be there while the Fantasy was put in as a placeholder on DCL’a request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter