• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any All Star Music Resorts fans out there?

Magalex

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone!

I have been away from the DISboards for awhile. We are Disney vets and we have a "last minute" trip(NEXT MONTH IN June) to ASMU(used discount code) so we are happy with what was offered at a good price. For some fun and getting excited for a trip that was just booked I want to hear the great things about Music. We(DH, DS 16 and myself) requested the Broadway buildings. I see they updated the food court. If any one has some awesome photos to share for fun that would be great too.

Have not stayed at Music yet, but we will be there this December. I am excited, last time we were at pop and it was so crowded so I was hoping it would be less crowded at Music. Let me know your experience after you go!

I've stayed at Movies & Music and like both of them. I enjoy the large Disney Characters at the Movies, and at Music I like the grounds. I don't know if it's just me or not, but Music felt a bit more tranquil. Seemed to have more landscaping. There is a small fountain that you pass on the way to the food court that is really pretty.
Really like the food court at the All Stars. Has a good variety of things
Like the "lines" for the bus stops out front. Very orderly

Also, to get excited about our upcoming trips I go to you tube to watch videos of the resort. You can find good ones of the rooms and even ones where they walk the grounds to give you a feel of the resort.

Have a great trip!!

Pop used to be my goto place but it does seem to be overcrowded a lot lately so I have switched to the All Stars. I tried Movies first and found myself getting off the bus at Music more often than not so I switched to Music on my last trip. I was in the Jazz section and really enjoyed it. I agree the grounds are landscaped nicely and the renovated food court was nice too. I am booked here again for Halloween (unless I upgrade to Mod). The bus situation at Music was much nicer than Pop too. I didn't have the nightmare lines at the end of the night and I always got a seat.

For morning travels to the parks, does each All Star resort have its own bus or do they share? For example will the bus stop at Sports, Music then Movies until heading to the parks?

For morning travels to the parks, does each All Star resort have its own bus or do they share? For example will the bus stop at Sports, Music then Movies until heading to the parks?
During peak times each AS has its own bus. But by mid-morning they seem to start sharing. And then in the evening peak hours they have their own again.

We have stayed at Music several times. It is our favorite of the values.
We go to the food court at Movies a couple times a trip because it has some things you cannot get at Movies. Don't remember what.
I love Broadway and the piano quiet pool.

Hi Everyone!

I have been away from the DISboards for awhile. We are Disney vets and we have a "last minute" trip(NEXT MONTH IN June) to ASMU(used discount code) so we are happy with what was offered at a good price. For some fun and getting excited for a trip that was just booked I want to hear the great things about Music. We(DH, DS 16 and myself) requested the Broadway buildings. I see they updated the food court. If any one has some awesome photos to share for fun that would be great too.
I have a one night stay booked there for tomorrow and I also requested Broadway. Will let you know what my impressions are!

We stayed here a few years ago and had a great time! Everything was clean and CM were wonderful! We are staying this time at movies and my in-laws are staying at music. We plan on spending a good amount of time at the music resort. I have pictures somewhere and will try to post this weekend but trip advisor has a lot I would check that out.

I'm here now, and have been very satisfied with my experience. I had requested Broadway building 8, ground floor, and that is exactly what I got. And the room was ready when I got here at 1:30. I'm in room 8432, which is the very last room in the wing that points towards Melody Hall and my room faces the parking lot. For anyone who has a car here, this location is perfect if you plan to drive to the parks. I don't know if you could get any closer to the parking lot.

While it seems that it is a long walk to food court and transportation, it really isn't. I'm a pretty slow walker, and it took me 4 minutes to get to the food court and 6 minutes to get to the bus stops. I walked along the parking lot and turned left at the sidewalk that leads to Melody Hall.

The room itself is fine. It is clean and very quiet. There were quite a few dancers on DME with me and while some of them were staying at Sports, there were many more who are staying here. So far I have not run in to them since we got off the bus.

Food court seems small to me, but it wasn't crowded at 4:30pm or at 10:00pm when I got back from Animal Kingdom.
Buses to AK were shared between all 3 resorts at 5:00pm and at park closing. No problem getting a seat on the 5:00 bus to AK. At park closing, the bus that pulled up just as I got in line filled up and was standing room only. I did not make it on to that bus, but another one pulled up before the first one left, so I was glad I had to wait for the 2nd one as it was no where near full. It's a pretty short trip to/from AK. 6 minutes going and 8 minutes coming back.

Hope this helps anyone considering a stay here!

Last edited:
It looks like we'll be staying here in January. I'm a little nervous about the sleeper sofa (we're doing a suite for the 2 bathrooms) but I'm very excited for the theming. It just looks like it'll be fun to explore!

We like it for sentimental reasons. It was our first WDW resort stay in 1999, we booked again a few years later and in 2014 we did a last minute trip, booking on 5 days notice and AllStarMU was all that was left in the Value and Moderate category. We've 'graduated' to the Board Walk since 2006 but have fond memories of AllStarMU.

Bill From PA

My wife and I have stayed at AS Music every year since 2009. We are both in our 60's and have come to regard this resort to be our home away from home. We did stay at POP in 2010 but did not like the resort so it was back to Music the next year. I have stayed for Cheerleaders, Dance, Football and Bands. Never a problem with noise or unruly mobs of teens. Our room has always been clean. Contrary to many of the posts here, the All Stars do not share buses except at the low times of the afternoon when there are usually only four or five on the bus at any given time; so why not share? Music is the smallest of all the budgets so it is easier to get a seat in the morning for breakfast. One of the main reasons for our return to Music is the staff. Look at my picture. That is me with the girls in the gift shop. We send each other emails throughout the year and have celebrated my birthday and twice our wedding anniversary together. I will offer this disclaimer, I am not someone who expects fine dining in the restaurant, I don't expect egyptian linens on the beds. If I find a little creepy crawley on the floor, I don't freak out. It's Florida. I'd be surprised if I didn't find a bug. I'm not talking bed bugs. That I would not stand for. Yes there are kids having fun and may be a little boisterous around the pool, but then again-so am I. This is not the Grand Floridian so don't expect it. This is a fun resort with a good staff and I can't wait for our next visit which is in exactly185 days.

We stayed once in 2013 at ASMU and when we arrived we were pleased that we got upgraded to a Family Suite! It was really nice for the kids to have their own beds and two bathrooms was fantastic. We were in the Jazz section and to us it felt more like a moderate in that area. The food court was good and the pool was fun. We were there during Spring Break and we didn't think the Bus service was bad. We would stay there again.

Can't complain about anything, love the size of the resort, the landscaping, the pools, games at the pool, gift shop. It's a great size resort, nothing is too far away from anything else. The All-Stars are a great complex - you can go to any of the pools or food courts. Sometimes the bus stop is closer at a different resort than the one you're actually staying at, like if you stay at Mighty Ducks at Movies, the food court and bus at Music is closer.

We've never stayed at Pop, but it feels so much bigger. People cite the buses as a reason to stay at Pop over All-Stars, but as has been noted above, they only share when it is slow or middle of the day. And there are less people at the All-Stars trying to get on a bus back to the resort at the end of the night vs. Pop. I've seen the Pop line stretch waaaaay past the line markers, especially at MK after Wishes.

Yes, the buses at the end of the night when returning to Pop are horrendous especially from MK and on party nights. I still like Pop as a resort but am more likely to want to drive if I stay there because of this.

bldg 10 music rear.jpg music pool small.jpg
This is bldg 10 view from 3rd floor rear.
Second picture is the pool in the morning.
And sorry if the picture is small, I am still trying to get the hang of posting a decent picture on here.

Can't complain about anything, love the size of the resort, the landscaping, the pools, games at the pool, gift shop. It's a great size resort, nothing is too far away from anything else. The All-Stars are a great complex - you can go to any of the pools or food courts. Sometimes the bus stop is closer at a different resort than the one you're actually staying at, like if you stay at Mighty Ducks at Movies, the food court and bus at Music is closer.

We've never stayed at Pop, but it feels so much bigger. People cite the buses as a reason to stay at Pop over All-Stars, but as has been noted above, they only share when it is slow or middle of the day. And there are less people at the All-Stars trying to get on a bus back to the resort at the end of the night vs. Pop. I've seen the Pop line stretch waaaaay past the line markers, especially at MK after Wishes.

I never noticed before - does each All Star hotel have a separate pick up/drop off point at the parks? I'm confused about how the sharing works.

PS - I used to attend Spring-Ford schools when I was a kid. Do I dare say... small world?

So glad to read all of these positive posts!

We will be staying there in November! (Hoping for Jazz....my son is in the jazz band at school and would love it) :yay:

I never noticed before - does each All Star hotel have a separate pick up/drop off point at the parks? I'm confused about how the sharing works.

PS - I used to attend Spring-Ford schools when I was a kid. Do I dare say... small world?
There are times when the buses share, usually in the afternoon when ridership is low. The signs at the pick up points will simply say "All Star Resorts" instead of the AS Music, Movies or Sports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter