Any Adult Surprise Tips?

MiraDawl

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone!

I'm in process of planning a surprise weekend trip for Sept for myself and my BF. :love2:
My biggest hurdle:
How can I suggest he take off two days in Sept. (15th and 16th minimal, maybe the 19th to recover!) without blowing my surprise? I don't want to book airfare (nonrefundable promo rates) unless I know he can get it off from work!

Other than that, any creative ways to break the news? I was thinking putting a note in a DVD box (we love our Disney movies!) and suggesting we watch a Disney flick. Maybe the airfare tix could be slipped inside too!

But....

what has anyone else done to ensure a surprise for an adult!?!

Thanks!!
Mira

Well here goes...some of the balaconies overlooking the boardwalk are fairly "private" especially the ones on the second floor. Perhaps a promise for something outdoors and exciting (if you know what I mean) on the balcony while the fireworks at illuminations are happening will entice your BF to take a few days off. I know if I had that to look forward to I'd be booking the airfare myself.....Good Luck!!!!!

Its a bold move, but if you can do it on the sly and then dont tell him till the day before or something.....

MiraDawl said:
Hey everyone!

I'm in process of planning a surprise weekend trip for Sept for myself and my BF. :love2:
My biggest hurdle:
How can I suggest he take off two days in Sept. (15th and 16th minimal, maybe the 19th to recover!) without blowing my surprise? I don't want to book airfare (nonrefundable promo rates) unless I know he can get it off from work!

Other than that, any creative ways to break the news? I was thinking putting a note in a DVD box (we love our Disney movies!) and suggesting we watch a Disney flick. Maybe the airfare tix could be slipped inside too!

But....

Thanks!!
Mira

Hi...his might sound a little simple, but I went onto EBAY and searched "Disney Soaps." There were a bunch of folks selling boxes of soap from hotels with Micky Mouse on the box and some Disney shampoos. I think I bought 6 of the them for $6.00. I put them on the sink in the bathroom a week before the trip as a surprise...It worked!

Ted

Is it possible to work with his boss on getting the time off? His boss would let you know what his work load is, then you would be able to book the package and surprise him the night before.

My sister's ex planned a surprise trip for her about 2 yrs ago (not disney :guilty: ) He wanted to pack a bag for her and take her to the airport. This wouldn't work for 2 reasons - 1-shes a control freak and needs to be able to choose her own clothes and 2- she works freelance for herself- so while she would easily be able to take the time off, she would need to tell all her clients before hand.

He told her about 2 wks before that they were going somewhere warm and to pack accordingly. She didn't know where she was going until she got to the airport.

I tried to surprise my DBF last year, I told him we were going on a local Valentines Day weekend trip. I let it slip when I said something about oh, save your $ for when we go to WDW! I was so mad at myself.

MiraDawl said:
Hey everyone!

My biggest hurdle:

But....

Thanks!!
Mira

Do you have any Family that lives far enough for you to take a plane trip to see them? If I was ever going to try to surpirse my husband I would tell him we were going to visit my sister for a few days so pack something warm. When you get to the airport you could reveal the surprise at the gate when he sees that you are going to Florida! :earseek: Maybe you could give him some Mickey Mouse Ears and let him know that he might be needing them for this trip.

I would definately wait as long as possible to tell him! It will be more fun for both of you! My husband loves spontaneous stuff, while I feel the need to plan forever in advance so it works out better if I wait to tell him to make it seem more spontaneous! haha little does he know that I plan things out for months in advance!

Hope you get some really fun ideas! :crazy:

Hey everyone! I've been loving all the comments and suggestions so far! I did randomly send him an instant message while he was at work the other day asking how the calendar was looking for Sept. 15th -18th/19th. He asked why, but I didn't give a single response.

We're going out tonight, so I'm thinking about bringing it up again at dinner. I have no plans to drop the Disney bomb...!! I just want to be sure he can get the time off before I drop the cash on the package deposit and airfare. (I have till the 16th to send in my package deposit)

As for reasons, I can't suggest family because he kill if he thought we were visiting his brother in Kansas (two babies under age 2 and little means of escape, he lives on an AFB) and he might be TOO excited at the thought of heading to San Diego to visit his other brother! So I'm just going to tell him I've want to make plans to go away for MY birthday a month earlier....maybe?He has to know we're going away because he's enough of an control freak to need to pack his own bags, etc.

Anyway....just keepin' ya posted!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: Besides, it's far too exciting too keep it to myself!! You guys are a great outlet !! So shhhhh!! :ssst:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter